account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

SmartBand disconnect on its own after a few minutes

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 1 of 61
Message 1 of 61

SmartBand disconnect on its own after a few minutes

Hi there,

Anyone noticed that after connecting the SmartBand to your phone ... it will disconnect on its own?

Screenshot_2014-04-22-23-55-57.png

I keep seeing this "SmartBand Disconnected. Reconnect with NFC." after a few minutes of connecting to my SmartBand ... very irritating ....  anyone else facing this problem ?

60 REPLIES 60
Apprentice
Message 2 of 61
Message 2 of 61

Re: SmartBand disconnect on its own after a few minutes

Yes I'm facing this problem too. Try to unpair and pair again the device with smartband. For me is working till now, but this is not permanently. Hope Sony to fix all that issues with an update soon I believe.
Apprentice
Message 3 of 61
Message 3 of 61

Tried restarting my phone yesterday ... Connection stayed on longer ... But eventually it still disconnects ...

Will try to unpair and pair it back later. Fr now, will stick with the NFC method. Hopefully this will be solved with another firmware release.
Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 61
Message 4 of 61

Hi all and welcome to the community! Since you're new please be sure that you have checked out our Discussion guidelines.

I'm using the SmartBand myself and haven't experienced any connection drops so far.

I don't have any direct answer to what may be causing this for you guys but try to rule out the problem.

If you have any other accessories connected at the same time try to run the phone only with the SmartBand connected.

Also check if this happens if you don't use any other wireless technologies such as Wi-Fi.

It could also be related to third party application. You to run your phone in safe mode for a while to check if you still experience this. If not this may be caused by any downloaded application.
How to boot into safe mode?

Try the above for testing and check if you can rule out what may be causing this.

Let me know how it goes.

Apprentice
Message 5 of 61
Message 5 of 61

Well .. I have restarted my phone this morning (due to a new firmware update for the Z1). Connected my SmartBand again via the NFC this morning. So far for the entire day, there was no disconnection that happened (touch wood).

So far so good ... I don't understand why I was facing those disconnection previously. It doesn't seem to happen anymore... let me try going into Night Mode on the SmartBand later tonight when I go to bed and see if it gets disconnected when I get up in the morning.

Enthusiast
Message 6 of 61
Message 6 of 61

So everything was fine and dandy until I go to sleep .... at which point the SmartBand gets disconnected (sometime in the night). Woke up in the morning to find the same "Disconnected. Reconnect with NFC."

I believe there must be some power saving tech built into either the SmartBand or from the phone that doesn't allow continous connection. What I don't understand is why this doesn't happen during the day time ... is it because the band is actively moving around?

My next test will be to factory reset the phone ... something that I do not wish to do .. but for the sake of testing ... will try it out to see if the problem persist. 

Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact LTE SGP621
Enthusiast
Message 7 of 61
Message 7 of 61

The new firmware update released yesterday (04.05.00) seem to have resolved the disconnection problems .... woohoo!!

Update (25/4):

Looks like I spoke to soon .. the disconnection problem still happens .... and I still have no idea what triggers it to happen. Already tried factory reset the phone ... problem still persist .... irritating

Sony Xperia Support
Message 8 of 61
Message 8 of 61

I'm sorry to hear that.

I have only been able to reproduce this when I'm out of range from my phone. 

Could you please send me your details in a PM, and I will forward this.

Make a relevant topic and include the following.

Name:
Phone nr:
E-mail:
Operator:
Product(s):
IMEI nr:
Phone build number:

Also, take a picture of all your digits on the core unit of your SWR-10.

Enthusiast
Message 9 of 61
Message 9 of 61

Hi Johan,

I have sent a PM to you. Thanks.

Apprentice
Message 10 of 61
Message 10 of 61

I am using Xperia Z1 too along with Smartwatch 2 and smartband together and it's getting annoying with too many disconnections through the day. If any Sony crew read this, i would be happy to see this fixed soon by an update or something because i'm great fan of Sony and don't want to be disappointed . Thank you.