account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

SWR10 enormously inaccurate at tracking (up to 5*more)

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 1 of 14
Message 1 of 14

SWR10 enormously inaccurate at tracking (up to 5*more)

Hello everyone!

I am having the Sony SmartBand now for 2 days and I am not really happy about it any more. 

My settings

• most accurate GPS tracking
  • all other trackings
  • bluetooth connection

The Problem:

• way too high number of steps (I counted 2.000 steps by myself. The Smartband counted 7.500)
  • It is not recognizing any public traffic or bike ring ==> says I was running for 2,5h anf for 64 km
  • bookmarks are not being added every time
  • somehow my gps location was frequently jumping home creating 62.000 steps and 70min of total walking which I didn't do

Screenshot_2015-02-12-14-11-02~2.jpg

Is the smartband adding the GPS steps ontop of my smartband steps?

Why is it not able to tell that I was on a train? ==> Has public traffic on web os.

When will they bring out the Android 5 supporting update?

Is it more accurate to completely stop GPS/WIFI/Mobile networc locationing?

Did anyone expierience the same? Is it just a crappy product, or is it android 5? 

THANKS for help!

13 REPLIES 13
Inhabitant
Message 2 of 14
Message 2 of 14

Re: SWR10 enormously inaccurate at tracking (up to 5*more)

by the way, starting and stopping music with the google play music player and with spotify is not working

Emperor
Message 3 of 14
Message 3 of 14

How about if you try this

settings > apps > all > smartconnect > clear data, settings apps > all > lifelog > uninstall > unpair and uninstall any smartband app related > restart your phone, pair your smartband and download the apps. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Inhabitant
Message 4 of 14
Message 4 of 14

Ok, i will try it. Let's see how it works tomorrow. Do you think I should leave GPS on. Is it alway recognising public transport as running (dont have an xperia phone ==> no transportation in app) or was that just an "error"? 

Inhabitant
Message 5 of 14
Message 5 of 14

I just found out, that I can activate cyceling and transportation on this page. Is there any way I can do that on my (not rooted) phone? I do not really understand how to do it.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/crossdevice-dev/sony/app-patched-sony-lifelog-unlimited-data-t281789...

Emperor
Message 6 of 14
Message 6 of 14

Leave GPS on at all times and set it to High, just like anything else its not perfect, there might be times when if you are in a car it could record it as you running. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Emperor
Message 7 of 14
Message 7 of 14

Perhaps someone from Sony can comment on this @ChristerFletcher @Rickard

Inhabitant
Message 8 of 14
Message 8 of 14

I think the problem is, that every time I am in the basment of a house (over here in Germany we even have classrooms there) my phone cannot locate and automaticly sets itself back to what I set as HOME. I will try to delete the HOME out of all my Google Apps and settings

Emperor
Message 9 of 14
Message 9 of 14

Keep us updated 

Inhabitant
Message 10 of 14
Message 10 of 14

Today,

I have to say it worked a lot better! Still it was counting all my transportation as running. That is why I rooted my phone, added some files to the system folder and then activated cycling and transportation on my non sony phone. Now it should work fine. I'll keep you updated.

Shame on Sony