account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

SWR10 Not Syncing with Android Lollipop (5.0.1) on Nexus 6

SOLVED
Highlighted
Rookie
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

SWR10 Not Syncing with Android Lollipop (5.0.1) on Nexus 6

I got my SWR10 3 days ago.

At first it was synced up to my Nexus 7 (2013) tablet (Also running Android 5.0.1) where it worked fine and tracked every correctly. Sleep was tracked correctly to the next day.

The next day I left the tablet at home as I went to go buy my Nexus 6. Connected the smartband to the Nexus 6 and none of the offline data synced. I put this down to me changing devices and decided to see how it faired today.

Today however, it did not track my sleep overnight. It has not tracked any steps all day. But the smartband is connected to the phone and does work as i've been using it for the media remote mode throughout the day. The phone hasn't been out of range of the smartband either as it's been in my pocket all day.

I have a suscpicion that this might be caused by a compatability issue with LifeLog and Android 5.0.1 as every time I open it up I get an error message saying the app had crashed and gives me the option to report the crash. I've left a screenshot of the bug report below. 

Screenshot_2015-01-18-15-06-53.png

Screenshot_2015-01-18-15-07-28.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rookie
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: SWR10 Not Syncing with Android Lollipop (5.0.1) on Nexus 6

I've figured the solution out myself... Well a workaround at least for the time being. It seems the component of the app that's crashing is the logger.

It appears this needs to be running to sync the data from the smartband and whenever you open the app this component crashes and toggles itself off in the settings.

Toggle it back on and press the home key to leave the application without returning to the timeline view and it should stay running in the background.

All the data it hadn't synced reappeared so the smartband must have kept the data.

This seems to be a workaround whilst Sony fix whatever the issue is.

2 REPLIES 2
Emperor
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

I've seen other users reporting this issue with lollipop, you should contact Sony directly

http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/contactUs/

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Rookie
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

I've figured the solution out myself... Well a workaround at least for the time being. It seems the component of the app that's crashing is the logger.

It appears this needs to be running to sync the data from the smartband and whenever you open the app this component crashes and toggles itself off in the settings.

Toggle it back on and press the home key to leave the application without returning to the timeline view and it should stay running in the background.

All the data it hadn't synced reappeared so the smartband must have kept the data.

This seems to be a workaround whilst Sony fix whatever the issue is.