account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Out of range notification in phone?

Adviser
Message 11 of 15
Message 11 of 15

Re: Out of range notification in phone?

I do not have an iPhone, but it works on my Android phone which will pressent a band icon with a cross to indicate the out of range disconnection.
Emperor
Message 12 of 15
Message 12 of 15

@Zshka

That's correct but that's Android, it will display which bluetooth device it's out of reach, but this might be a iOS issue/restriction here. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Sony Xperia Support
Message 13 of 15
Message 13 of 15

Hi @Unq,

As Uliwooly mentioned you will currently only get notified by the SmartBand 2 vibrating when it comes out of reach from the phone. You will not receive a notification in the phone itself but I will forward this as feedback.

Also, the link you referred to in your opening post is about SmartBand SWR10 which doesn't support iOS.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Unq
Adviser
Message 14 of 15
Message 14 of 15

Yes I am aware that it's not possible but I'm more interested in the fact that it used to be possible but is now removed.. Why remove useful function, I doubt customer's requested it to be removed? So it is possible in iOS as I have witnessed it by myself..

If someone gets annoyed by this, maybe an option to select whether you want the notification or not..?

Sony Xperia Support
Message 15 of 15
Message 15 of 15

I do see your point. I have forwarded this as user feedback.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.