account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mobile World Congress 2019

Sonys Press conference from MWC took place end of February
If you missed it you can watch it here.
Please join the discussion here and share your thoughts on what was anounced here. MWC 2019 discussion.

Out of range notification in phone?

Unq
Adviser
Message 1 of 15
Message 1 of 15

Out of range notification in phone?

Hello,

I was wondering why phone does not have out of notification aswell? Helps a lot with re-tracing steps if you know the exact timetag when it was lost.

I am not sure if I was dreaming but if I recall correcly, that used to be in the SWR12 iOS model like half year ago and suddenly the feature was removed?

I found old topic suggesting it but nothing why it isn't anymore available https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/SmartBand-SmartBand-2/Notification-on-my-phone-when-Smartband-is-out-...

14 REPLIES 14
Emperor
Message 2 of 15
Message 2 of 15

Re: Out of range notification in phone?

@Unq

I don't have an iPhone to test this, but you are supposed to get a notification on your phone that the band has been disconnected (more or less after 10m) 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Unq
Adviser
Message 3 of 15
Message 3 of 15

can anyone with iOS tell if this functions or not?

It used to be, thought it was removed since doesn't work anymore. Sometimes (not always) warns about low battery too

Emperor
Message 4 of 15
Message 4 of 15

@Unq

I'll escalate this 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Unq
Adviser
Message 5 of 15
Message 5 of 15

You escalate this.. meaning..? Grinning Face 

Was that a confirmation that iOS should have it..?

Emperor
Message 6 of 15
Message 6 of 15

@Unq

This is the info I got

http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/smartband2ios/userguide/Receiving-out-of-range-notifications...

Out-of-range alert notifications

You can receive a notification when you leave your iPhone behind by turning on the Out-of-range alert notification. Your SmartBand 2 then notifies you with three short vibrations when the distance between your SmartBand 2 and the connected iPhone becomes too great and causes a disconnection. This function is turned off by default.

Unq
Adviser
Message 7 of 15
Message 7 of 15

Yes I knew this already, please read the title. This topic was about the notification to the phone itself when losing the band and not other way around. This feature used to be in the app but is removed and I would like to know why. Harder to find the lost band so people will buy new one instead of finding the lost one?

Emperor
Message 8 of 15
Message 8 of 15

@Unq

It doesn't seemed to be a notification on the phone, with an android device, whenever you get any bluetooth device disconnected due to distance, you will get a notification, but that's Android itself not the band, you might want to check with apple support forums on bluetooth notifications 

Unq
Adviser
Message 9 of 15
Message 9 of 15

You still didn't read what I was saying. That option used to be in the app so it is possible. It vanished and I wasn't updating the iOS at the same time as it vanished so it's not about the operating system.

Emperor
Message 10 of 15
Message 10 of 15

@Unq

You can contact Sony directly >>> Local support I'll escalate this again.