account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Sony SRS XB20 Turning off while increasing volume

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

Sony SRS XB20 Turning off while increasing volume

I have a sony srs xb20 speaker and it's not even one year old and it has started malfunctioning. Whenever the battery is about 70 % and I try t increase the Volume the speaker turns off automatically by itself. Also it turns itself off while there is sudden base change in music. It really annoying because I have to restart the device and connect it again to play music. Please help me out. I have done the restting of the speaker but no luck.

7 REPLIES 7
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Re: Sony SRS XB20 Turning off while increasing volume

Hi @SamiSiddiqui, welcome to our forum and I'm sorry to hear about this. Slightly frowning Face

The Sony SRS XB20 is a product that Sony Electronics handles the support for, as this forum is only for Xperia devices.

You can get in touch with them on the link below.

https://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/Support/

Best of luck!

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

Rubbish. You are affiliated with Samsung Electronics. Will you atleast help us with our concerns of your products? 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

Hi @Exist,

Sony Mobile and Sony Electronics is the same company (Sony), but different support channels, therefore I'm not able to assist you with Sony Electronics products, and they are not able to assist you with Sony Mobile devices.

If you need assistance with a product from Sony Electronics, you will need to get in touch with them on the link below.

If I could help you with your product, trust me, I would. Slightly smiling Face

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

One time poster
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

I am facing the same problem here. I believe this is a critical and and big problem of project. I am very dissapointed with Sony. I am sure I will not buy a sony product anymore. 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

Hi @rsales2015, sorry to hear about this. Slightly frowning Face

We do not support this product here at our Sony Xperia support forum, so please get in touch with Sony electronics on the link below and they will assist you further.

Let me know if that helps!

One time poster
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

Okay ppl, I may have found a permanent solution to this issue. I had the same problem while trying to listen to my music while it being a full volume, but it shuts off suddenly.

!!!!!! Warning, I'm not responsible if any other damages to the parts of the sony xb20 happen that are not listed in this fix to the issue. I am also not responsible if your speaker ends up not working. Continue at your own risk!!!!!!!!!!!!

So basically the speaker is built to withstand water when it is splashed on or poured on, so pretty watertight and there are no holes to pass air through due to being watertight. And the problem is caused due to the subwoofers needing air to flow through the speaker idk why cause I'm not an expert on subs. Basically what I did was open it up and gutted out the speaker so it's the shell of the speaker. And so there is these rubber sub things like when you take off the front speaker grill and its in the center. There is another one on the back. So I took the one in the back out and just poked two holes where there was 2 holes, but they weren't fully through the rubber to be able to see through to the other side. So I poked two holes all the way through and made them a bit big like the size of a popcorn seed. And then so I put it back and reassembled the speaker and now it works really good and doesnt shut off at full volume, especially w extra bass. I also disabled NFC by unplugging the chip from the main circuit board because I dont need it. 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

Hi @FTBIze, that's a good find! Slightly smiling Face

You may want to post about this or get in touch with Sony Electronics directly as this forum is only for Sony Xperia products and it may not be the first place where users with an Sony SRS XB20 checks when they have this fault, but I guess you end up here if you do a Google search.

You can reach Sony Electronics on the link below.

Thanks again and have a nice weekend! Slightly smiling Face