account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SBH52 + Windows 10 1803

Visitor
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

SBH52 + Windows 10 1803

I was succesfully using SBH52 (version 2.4.A.0.2) on Windows 10 untill version 1607. Today, version 1803 (a.k.a. April 2018 Update) broke the deal. I can use Voice mode, but Audio mode is no more. Windows says it's connected and shows level going up and down when playing sounds, but nothings comes out of the SBH52. SBH52 display shows the PC name on the Voice icon but not on the Audio icon.

Anybody knows how to solve the problem?

5 REPLIES
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: SBH52 + Windows 10 1803

@Bactu

Try to reset the headset, remove it from your PC paired devices list, then pair them again.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Visitor
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

I've done all the basic things I know, including those you mention, and also removing the headset service, to no avail.

Visitor
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

I've solved the issue downloading and installing an old driver for the Bluetooth dongle (CRS 4.0 in my case). The old (Win7 driver) replaces the Microsoft BT Stack and some other things but did the job great and now I can use BT audio without problems. The only drawback is that I get the message (MAC) HID Connection unavailable every now and then in the notification center, even when the audio is working ok.

One time poster
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

i have the same issue
please HELP!!! Sony!
have to disconnect and connect several times to get the computer to play media through the sbh52 and even then the sound is teribly jittery, unusable!!
tried lots of tutorials and nothing helps!! need Drivers !!!!

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

I have exactly the same issue, spent probably 3h trying to make it work without success (changing drivers, different settings, disabling telephony etc). The audio is cracling and the connection is not reliable, something is clearly not compatible or working optimally. My computer is Surface Pro 3 with Marvell Avastar chip. On Android devices and on Linux bluetooth works fine with SBH52. On the same surface SBH52 is not working, SBH20 is working perfectly.... Very strange and would be really appreciated if sony could look into it.