account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Why is the online sketch closing?

SOLVED
Sony Xperia Support
Message 11 of 15
Message 11 of 15

Re: sketch 4.2

Hi @janiyatpm, I'm sorry to hear about that. 

Unfortunately if you have lost your account you can't transfer your data from that account to a new one. 

The online part of Sketch will be discontinued on the 30th of September and after that the data that is not stored on the local part of Sketch will be erased. 

I'm really sorry about this, but if you have any further questions regarding this, don't hesitate to ask. 

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 12 of 15
Message 12 of 15

They fired the sketch team
Learner
Message 13 of 15
Message 13 of 15

One time poster
Message 14 of 15
Message 14 of 15

I see a lot answering "what" questions, but not the ''why'' 

W h y has sketch's community shut down. We already know when it has, on September 30th. But why? And we need an actual answer. I've only heard gossip and rumors and what people suspect or know from someone else. 

One time poster
Message 15 of 15
Message 15 of 15

Re: Why is the online sketch closing?

Umm so I go to America every summer to visit family, and I use the app sketch when I have it available to me in America, but the app was closed in September, and I only got the message in OCTOBER last week, and I didn't have a chance to save my data because this summer I went to Italy! I wouldn't have had any electronics in my access to get on Sketch anyways, because I just don't waste my money on mobile items, because if im out and about I need to enjoy the world. This is partially my fault but now 3 years' worth of progress is gone, and along with a lot of friends and a good source of inspiration. I'll get over this one day, but it's not so easily forgotten as it is forgiven. As I see it, you have no real reason to close the Sketch community anyways, and I see it as a silly "progress". It's like the military. You take action just for the sake of taking action, not for any real reason.