account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Why is the online sketch closing?

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

Why is the online sketch closing?

As you may know the online part of sketch is going to close on the 30/09/19 and some users already started #savesonysketch. Now.. I'd really like to know WHY are you "killing" sketch? Sketch is mostly downloaded also for the online part were you can make friends and even find someone who really cares about you! The community of sketch is wonderful and I've grown up with sketch! I cant let it go.. and if I really have to.. i'd like to know.. why? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Re: Why is the online sketch closing?

Hi @Coco_x3, I'm sorry to hear that you feel that way. 

We are continuously reviewing our portfolio of apps and services. We may take a business decision to discontinue certain apps and services.

The online parts of Sketch services will be discontinued from the 30th September 2019, however the app itself will continue.

You will still be able to draw sketches and store them on your device as the local sketches on your device will not be affected.

I hope that this answers your question. 

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

7 REPLIES 7
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Hi @Coco_x3, I'm sorry to hear that you feel that way. 

We are continuously reviewing our portfolio of apps and services. We may take a business decision to discontinue certain apps and services.

The online parts of Sketch services will be discontinued from the 30th September 2019, however the app itself will continue.

You will still be able to draw sketches and store them on your device as the local sketches on your device will not be affected.

I hope that this answers your question. 

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

Visitor
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

Will you still be able to save and edit sketches on your google account on sketch?

Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

@reedistrash 

The online parts of the Sketch service will be discontinued on that date. This includes the community, sticker downloads, sync, collaborations, account and sign-in. After this date the Sketch app will still function as a drawing application. The local content “My Sketches” will still be available after the shutdown

Make sure that you export the content if you need it afterwards. You can do this by following this guide: 

To export any data needed, please log into the Sketch app and go to "Settings" > "Account". Then, select "Export sketches and data". Your data will be stored in a zip file and the link will be sent to the email address provided in the export flow.

Visitor
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

So are the sketches on my Google Account local? 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

@reedistrash

No, Google is an online service, so this will not be available after the 30th of september. 

Let me know if there is anything else you are wondering about. 

One time poster
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

sketch 4.2

Why did Sony gonna close the sketch app? It was very useful!!!! Formee

Sony Xperia Support
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

Re: sketch 4.2

Hi @Simon0101, I merged your topic with a already existing one regarding this. 

Please see my answers in this thread that answers your question. 

But just to summarize, you will still be able to use the Sketch application, just not the online part of it. 

Let me know if there is any other questions here.