account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

How do I uninstall the "Sketch" program?

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

How do I uninstall the "Sketch" program?

There is no "uninstall" button for it. As a last resort, I've disabled the app and turned off notifications.

If it can't be uninstalled, how can I remove its permissions?

4 REPLIES 4
Emperor
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: How do I uninstall the "Sketch" program?

@Vee_Crabtree

If you are on Marshmallow

Settings > apps > sketch > app permissions 

Contacts

Phone

Storage

Aditional permissions: Read device unique ID

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Apprentice
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Oh I did post this to the Experia M2 Aqua forum, but they've "usefully" moved it here, so no-one can tell what phone I have... no sign of Android v6 yet (which is I think what you mean by 'Marshmallow').

When I go to Settings > apps > sketch > app permissions, I can see the permissions, but I can't edit them. I'd love to remove the "Run at start-up" and... well... all of its other permissions too.

Apprentice
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

I really don't want to root my phone, but is this the only path Sony let us take to remove programs THEY force us to have, but which we don't actually want?

Scavenger Hunt Winner
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

@Vee_Crabtree wrote:

I really don't want to root my phone, but is this the only path Sony let us take to remove programs THEY force us to have, but which we don't actually want?

Even though it's a late reply, for what it's worth:

Sketch has been moved to the uninstallable applications... I think on  the newer devices,  from 5.1.1 if I recall correctly.

/system/etc/product/applications/SomcSketch-live

It used to live in this area

/system/priv-app

/system/app

Which meant users had no access rights to remove. 

I was like you(still am) when I first bought my Z5C, I uninstall all apps that I never use before I even insert a SIM card to the device and start it  propely for the first time. 

Movie creator remains a private app, as does facebook and File Commander

/system/priv-app/com.facebook.system

/system/priv-app/com.mobisystems.fileman

/system/priv-app/SomcMovieCreator-Tsv-release

After having tinkered with Android now, I have to say, if I were to get another phone,  between Sony and Samsung, (disregarding the Water Resistant features that are mandatory for me)

I'd have to  go  with Sony again, simply because Sony have a better development team where you are able to interact with,  and they listen.

There's also half as much preinstalled junk.

Samsung have plenty of System uninstallable apps.

Sony has 'What's New', but Lounge and Privilege Plus is able to be uninstalled.

Samsung have 'Samsung Apps', but about 4 other apps tied to Samsung Apps directly that can only be disabled or some not touched at all.

I'm curious to try an iPhone if they ever get to making one water resistant

//----------------- C:\》$ Path- Thyme: .trawler //-----------------Auto-Correct Disclaimer: Not sorry. //----------------- Batteries not included.