account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Welcome to the Theme Creator forum. 

If you have a question, search the forum to see if the answer is already available, or post your question or comment in a new thread.

theme creator

Highlighted
Developer World
Message 11 of 17
Message 11 of 17

Re: support for android 4.3

The created theme APK can only be installed on Xperia devices running Android 4.4 (Kit Kat): https://developer.sony.com/develop/smartphones-and-tablets/theme-creator/overview-of-theme-creator/

Developer World
Message 12 of 17
Message 12 of 17

Re: theme creator

@marko1108, what doesn't work? What were you trying to do?

I have just downloaded the trial version of Photoshop (Photoshop CC 2014). I can open the templates and start editing them following the instructions & export settings on https://developer.sony.com/develop/smartphones-and-tablets/theme-creator/how-to-create-a-theme/.

And Theme Creator tool updates the preview of the changed elements automatically when the export is done (assuming that I am in the correct preview screen where the changed element is present).

One time poster
Message 13 of 17
Message 13 of 17

Re: support for android 4.3

and there is support 4.3 in the future plans?

Adept
Message 14 of 17
Message 14 of 17

Unable to build theme

Cap.JPG

I get the above error while building theme, Please help. 

Emperor
Message 15 of 17
Message 15 of 17

Re: Unable to build theme

Could you upload the picture tobox or dropbox and post the link here as we can't see it until its approved?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
Message 16 of 17
Message 16 of 17

hello guys, i have exported given templates to my project folder using photoshops "save for web" feature, but i still cant use them in theme maker (it still says that there are no editable resourses; I also added photoshop in "Image editing preferences" but it didnt help either). Did I do something wrong. Thanks for the answer.

Inhabitant
Message 17 of 17
Message 17 of 17

Hi there rytis_ltu and thanks for your question!

This problem can have a few causes. I would suggest you read this reply from wmyeo and see if this applies to your problem:

...the option "Edit using externel editor" is only available if the tool finds the appropriate/matching image resources (PNG) in the projectroot folder (your theme project folder). The tool knows whether there exists such image resources (PNG) for the resource you want to edit by looking at the file name of the PNG. To get the correct filename of the PNG resource files, you should do the "Save for Web" export of the template containing the resource you want to change by following the instructions on https://developer.sony.com/develop/smartphones-and-tablets/theme-creator/how-to-create-a-theme/.When that export is done, the option "Edit using externel editor" may be selectable.

Note: even if you have done a "Save for Web" export for all the templates, it may be possible that the "Edit using externel editor" option is still not enabled for a particular resource, though it is rare as I have only seen it for 1-2 resources where it's just not possible to edit. As this is only the first BETA version of the tool, not all functionality is implemented.

The quote was taken from this thread: http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Q-A-Tips-Help-Troubleshooting/can-t-use-the-external-editing-tools-whe...

There is also another detail you want to be aware of and check; If, when you have exported your images with "Save for Web", you get a folder named images, then the naming of the graphic files will be wrong.

In this case I would suggest that you try with creating a new Theme Creator project in a clean new folder and follow the How to create a theme guide, and take an extra note on Step C. Export your design from Photoshop.

I hope this helps you solving the issues.

sony_sign_logo.png - Developer World Support

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our discussion guidelines.
For general information on how to get in contact with us please visit our contact page.