account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Welcome to the Theme Creator forum. 

If you have a question, search the forum to see if the answer is already available, or post your question or comment in a new thread.

theme creator

Visitor
Message 6 of 17
Message 6 of 17

theme creator

Do I have to use Photoshop or can I use another program like GIMP?

16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 17
Message 1 of 17

Theme Creator

Sony Mobile has launched a beta version of the “Theme Creator”, which allows developers to design their own Xperia Theme for Sony devices. The Theme Creator allows users to customise over 300 graphical assets like icons, buttons and home screen wallpaper.

Once you’re happy with your design, one click is all that is needed to create the APK file to install onto your Sony Xperia device. If you think your theme is a work of art, you can contact Sony who may promote it to all Sony Xperia devices through the default theme picker.

The free java application is available to download from today at the source link below. It works together with Adobe Photoshop CS6, allowing you to create and export graphics to be fine tuned in the Theme Creator BETA. Check out the video below, which gives you a quick tour of the application.

Sony Xperia Theme Creator BETA

Emperor
Message 2 of 17
Message 2 of 17

Re: Theme Creator

Here is the Source link http://developer.sonymobile.com/2015/03/02/design-themes-for-xperia-devices-with-the-new-theme-creat...

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
Message 3 of 17
Message 3 of 17

theme creator

when is the THEME CREATOR going to be available for XPERIA SP .. ?? 
firstly SONY doesnt provide any update beyond 4.3 JB , and now not even allows to create and customise the phones ...

Visitor
Message 4 of 17
Message 4 of 17

when ı want to create new project it stuck this loading page Slightly frowning Face

Emperor
Message 5 of 17
Message 5 of 17

Does your computer meet the minimum hardware requirements?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Rookie
Message 7 of 17
Message 7 of 17

Re: theme creator

Hello marko1108,

GIMP should support PSD files right out of the box without having to install any plugins.

Developer World
Message 8 of 17
Message 8 of 17

Based on what I know, you need to use Photoshop CS 6 currently, otherwise the export from the PSD templates may not be correctly configured and the Theme Creator tool will not be able to interpret the exported files correctly.

You can still use GIMP or other non Photoshop image editors to do your edits but only after you have done a "Save for Web" export of the resources from the templates into your theme project folder.

It looks like GIMP has a "Save for Web" plugin but I'm not sure if that functionality works in the same way as Photoshop's "Save for Web" functionality. Try it and post your results here. If you are going to try that, make sure your "Save for Web" settings are following what's shown here (Step C points #4 & #6): https://developer.sony.com/develop/smartphones-and-tablets/theme-creator/how-to-create-a-theme/

Visitor
Message 9 of 17
Message 9 of 17

It won't work. I#ve even tried it with the trial version of Adobe Photoshop. I can't edit anything.

Visitor
Message 10 of 17
Message 10 of 17

support for android 4.3

if we create the theme by using this tool does that theme will install in android 4.3 or only supported for android  4.4