account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Welcome to the Theme Creator forum. 

If you have a question, search the forum to see if the answer is already available, or post your question or comment in a new thread.

can't use the external editing tools when I have CS6 installed.

Learner
Message 1 of 11
Message 1 of 11

can't use the external editing tools when I have CS6 installed.

it is always grayed and can't use no matter what I try.

10 REPLIES 10
Commissioner
Message 2 of 11
Message 2 of 11

Re: can't use the external editing tools when I have CS6 installed.

I have the same problem, here is a screenshot for those of you who can fix this
http://prntscr.com/6dtwqs

Developer World
Message 3 of 11
Message 3 of 11

Did you configure it in Edit -> Image Editor Preferences?

Commissioner
Message 4 of 11
Message 4 of 11

I did and it does not work
Inhabitant
Message 5 of 11
Message 5 of 11

This is how it worked for me:

You can only use external editor when u save a psd file in project root folder. Saving a psd file with save for web function makes a specific folder.

Example. Suppose you want to edit Navigation bar with external editor then u must have the "SystemUI- NavBar" folder on your project root folder.

How to get that folder?

Simply open the "SystemUI-NavBar(v1.0).psd" file using photoshop and then hide first and last layer then save this on your projectroot folder using save for web function. After that you will get that folder named "SystemUI- NavBar".

Then open Theme creator, load your project then go to Navigation Bar- Button. Then select a button and click on the Three Dot. You may see the "Edit using externel editor" visible and usable now.

Hope it helps Slightly smiling Face
Highlighted
Developer World
Message 6 of 11
Message 6 of 11

If the solution provided by @fhshishir still does not work for you, here's a screenshot of how I have configured my image editor preferences - I don't have Photoshop CS 6 so am using the free trial version of Photoshop CC 2014, and I'm on Windows 7.

The full path in the text input field (annotated by second yellow box) is C:\Program\ Files\Adobe\Adobe\ Photoshop\ CC\ 2014\Photoshop.exe $IMAGE which is slightly different from the suggested path for Photoshop CS6 (annotated by the first yellow box).

Let us know how it works out for you!

manual-config-image-editor-path.png

Inhabitant
Message 7 of 11
Message 7 of 11

If you running Windows:

Check privileges. If photoshop is running as administrator then in order to launch it from within theme creator beta(tcb),you need to run tcb also as admin.I assume you got tcb in .jar format so, the easiest way to run .jar as admin is to make a batch file. open notepad and type: 

@echo off

start "tcb" "path\to\tcbfolder\tcb.jar"

then save as all files and put the extension .bat

you can then launch tcb as admin with batch file.

(notice there are spaces in lines above,and of course tcb i mean the jar's file name).

Or you can use cmd (but not good): java -jar path\to\file.jar

Adviser
Message 8 of 11
Message 8 of 11

Hi

In this version of Theme Creator, "Edit using external tool" works only when the actual file exists somewhere in your project folder.

This means you have to either export the respective resource from a Photoshop template (see our instructons), or copy the respective PNG or JPG file (with the right filename and correct canvas size) from another place, and paste it in your project folder.

As soon as there Theme Creaor sees that you have that spesific file inside the project folder, it lets you edit it using an external image editing program of your choice.

Hope it helped Winking Face

Learner
Message 9 of 11
Message 9 of 11

@wmyeo wrote:

@IF the solution provided by @fhshishir still does not work for you, here's a screenshot of how I have configured my image editor preferences - I don't have Photoshop CS 6 so am using the free trial version of Photoshop CC 2014, and I'm on Windows 7.

The full path in the text input field (annotated by second yellow box) is C:\Program\ Files\Adobe\Adobe\ Photoshop\ CC\ 2014\Photoshop.exe $IMAGE which is slightly different from the suggested path for Photoshop CS6 (annotated by the first yellow box).

Let us know how it works out for you!

manual-config-image-editor-path.png

I tried this but it did not work. I copied the path I had in my computer which looks the same as the one you have but it did not show up in the theme creater.

Learner
Message 10 of 11
Message 10 of 11

@jimkk and @Kia-Sony I have no idea what you guys are talking about.