account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Welcome to the Theme Creator forum. 

If you have a question, search the forum to see if the answer is already available, or post your question or comment in a new thread.

Unlock Bootloader Xperia XZ Premium

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 1 of 1
Message 1 of 1

Unlock Bootloader Xperia XZ Premium

Having tried repeatedly to follow Sony's instructions to the letter I've had zero success in unlocking the bootloader.  'Fastboot devices'  results in either another cursor with no other input or no device found.  I've downloaded the Google drivers exactly as described yet I cant help but feel that they aren't installed correctly.  

The following does not help.

"Windows users: Open the Devices and Printers directory, right-click on the fastboot driver and press Update. Browse and point towards the location of the new android_winbus.inf file."

There is no category called Devices and Printers.  There is Device Manager but there are no fastboot drivers there.  Nor is there any android_winbus.inf file.

"When your device is connected, open a command window on your computer and go to the platform-tools folder within the Android SDK folder."  There is no Android SDK folder.  I assume you mean the platform tools folder?  This is where I've been attempting to use the command prompt with no success.  

I've been trying all day to get this to work.  I'm just going around in circles.  I'd happily pay for someone to do it for me as a last resort.