account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Welcome to the Theme Creator forum. 

If you have a question, search the forum to see if the answer is already available, or post your question or comment in a new thread.

Unable to install the Theme

SOLVED
Message 21 of 28
Message 21 of 28

Re: Unable to install the Theme

Well,check what I have found in system file:

03-03 21:03:13.037 E/PackageParser(  954): Package com.uliwooly.moo001 has no certificates at entry assets/0.zip; ignoring!

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Message 22 of 28
Message 22 of 28

One more log file,after installing both themes. Could it be that it finds the second theme as the first theme (it says 001 when trying to install 002 as I have pasted the text above)? I have installed 002 but error is about 001. Uli said the themes are the same.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Developer World
Message 23 of 28
Message 23 of 28

There is a simple reason to your troubles :-)

The error message "Package com.uliwooly.moo001 has no certificates at entry assets/0.zip; ignoring!" shows up because the APK is not signed when you tried to install it.

@uliwooly, did you generate 001.apk via the Build->"Export Unsigned APK" option instead of using "Build->Export Test APK"?

All Android APKs must be signed with a certificate otherwise the Android platform will not install the APK.

For quick-and-dirty test purposes, you should use "Build->Export Test APK" to generate this APK. The technical details are this APK is signed with a "test certificate"/"debug certificate" that is only good for local test purposes but not for publishing on Google Play.

If you had read the documentation on https://developer.sony.com/develop/smartphones-and-tablets/theme-creator/test-and-verify/ (Export a test APK to install your theme on an Xperia device), it tells you to use "Build->Export Test APK". :-)

If you want to publish the APK on Google Play, you use Build->"Export Unsigned APK" to generate an APK that you then have to manually sign it. Instructions here: https://developer.sony.com/develop/smartphones-and-tablets/theme-creator/publish-your-theme/

Message 24 of 28
Message 24 of 28

So I found the issue,right? HAHA! Nauseated Face

Highlighted
Developer World
Message 25 of 28
Message 25 of 28

@alexdon, let's wait for @uliwooly to answer my question first Slightly smiling Face

Emperor
Message 26 of 28
Message 26 of 28

@wmyeo @alexdon that seems to be the issue Slightly smiling Face thank you both for the help. Slightly smiling Face I'll be more careful in the future 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
Message 27 of 28
Message 27 of 28

An error occured while exporting the theme. Please restart the application and try again.

I do not know what to write. not exported theme. some pictures that writes the size should be between 1 and 30 pixels. I made a 10x10, but the error persists. What should I do?

2015-03-09_224432.jpg

Inhabitant
Message 28 of 28
Message 28 of 28

Re: An error occured while exporting the theme. Please restart the application and try again.

Hi Vlad070!

The error may come up because one of the graphical images you have created that affect the Lists, have the wrong size.

I would suggest that you set up a new project and try to export images through the Save for Web functionality in Photoshop, by following the How to create a theme guide: https://developer.sony.com/develop/smartphones-and-tablets/theme-creator/how-to-create-a-theme/

If that works out without issues, then try and modify the graphical elements connected to the Lists, and export the images using the same procedure.

I hope these tips will help you further with creating themes!

sony_sign_logo.png - Developer World Support

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our discussion guidelines.
For general information on how to get in contact with us please visit our contact page.