account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Welcome to the Theme Creator forum. 

If you have a question, search the forum to see if the answer is already available, or post your question or comment in a new thread.

Unable to install the Theme

SOLVED
Emperor
Message 11 of 28
Message 11 of 28

Re: Unable to install the Theme

Just tested on both a Z1 and a Z3 both running 4.4.4

Z1 14.4.A.0.157
Z3 23.0.1.A.5.77

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Developer World
Message 12 of 28
Message 12 of 28

Please do the following (if you have not done it already):

1) check the file size of the "test APK" file in your file system to make sure it's not 0 B. 

2) If not 0 B size, upload the "test APK" to a device on Sony Remote Device Lab, as suggested earlier by DTS-Sony: https://remotedevicelab.sonymobile.com/ 

If you see the same error when you try to install the "test APK" on Sony Remote Device Lab, please take a screenshot of this erroneous point and post it here - makes it a lot easier to visually confirm understanding.

3) If you want to, you can make available that "test APK" for us to retrieve

Emperor
Message 13 of 28
Message 13 of 28

Will do 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Emperor
Message 14 of 28
Message 14 of 28

I've tested 2 themes on Sony Remote Device Lab (same themes I've tested on a Z1 and Z3)

001 worked just fine but 002 didn't worked, @alexdon did you had any luck?

Message 15 of 28
Message 15 of 28

I confirm 001 has installed and worked but 002 didn't on a Z ultra on 4.4.4, but on my Z1 none has worked.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Developer World
Message 16 of 28
Message 16 of 28

When you wrote it didn't work, can you post the error message you see on the device's screen that told you the installation failed? If you can be more precise with your descriptions it would help shorten the troubleshooting time.

Another thing, can you look at the logfile (from adb logcat) as well and see whether it has any more error messages that might help with finding the root cause? You should be able to get hold of it from your Sony Remote Device Lab session, or if you happen to be Android app developers (then you've got adb and the whole works set up nicely on your computer), then start looking at the logcat output when you try to install the APK locally.

Message 17 of 28
Message 17 of 28

Attached is the log for the second theme created by uliwooly and tested on the Z ultra 4.4.4.

I am not a developer but maybe if needed I will be able to get the logcat using ADB.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Emperor
Message 18 of 28
Message 18 of 28

Another odd thing is that both files should be the same file, as they were saved on different folders on my computer, but I'll create new themes and keep testing this. Quite fascinating Slightly smiling Face 

Message 19 of 28
Message 19 of 28

@wmyeo @uliwooly After checking the logs (limited knowledge available by the way Nauseated Face ) ,noticed that uli's theme is missing some certificates.

Highlighted
Developer World
Message 20 of 28
Message 20 of 28

Eh, what do you mean by it's missing some certificates? How did you find out this fact?

BTW, @alexdon, the logfile did not contain any useful information - could not see that there was any APK installation information (failure or success).