account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Welcome to the Theme Creator forum. 

If you have a question, search the forum to see if the answer is already available, or post your question or comment in a new thread.

Unable to install the Theme

SOLVED
Emperor
Message 1 of 28
Message 1 of 28

Unable to install the Theme

I've created a theme and after I

Download the apk

change the security settigns 

Click Install

I get 

Installing then > App not installed > Done

I have enough free internal storage 

Will create a new Theme and try again. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Message 21 of 28
Message 21 of 28

Re: Unable to install the Theme

Well,check what I have found in system file:

03-03 21:03:13.037 E/PackageParser(  954): Package com.uliwooly.moo001 has no certificates at entry assets/0.zip; ignoring!

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

View solution in original post

27 REPLIES 27
Developer World
Message 2 of 28
Message 2 of 28

Hi,

can you inform which test option you have used to get to this problem? Link: https://developer.sony.com/develop/smartphones-and-tablets/theme-creator/test-and-verify/

Did you have your Xperia device connected to your computer and use the "Build > Build and Install" option?

Or did you use the "Export test APK" option, store the APK locally on your file system and transfer it to your Xperia device in the file explorer?

-Whui Mei

Emperor
Message 3 of 28
Message 3 of 28

The second option, through an APK

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Developer World
Message 4 of 28
Message 4 of 28

Can you provide step-by-step instructions on what you did, and what you saw at each step?

Emperor
Message 5 of 28
Message 5 of 28

It was quite complicated to find the APK files on my Mac, but this is what I did, followed the step to create the APK as on the above link 

Transferred the APK to my phone > change the security settings to allow me to "Side load" apps > use the file commander to find the APK > clicked on install > I got an error that it couldn't be installed. 

I also tried to send it through my email and still the same error. 

Developer World
Message 6 of 28
Message 6 of 28

Hmm, this is news to me. Can you find a way to provide me with this APK file? 

Emperor
Message 7 of 28
Message 7 of 28

I'll try to upload it to box and post the link here. 

Highlighted
Developer World
Message 8 of 28
Message 8 of 28

The current version of Theme Creator only supports Android 4.4 (KitKat) devices.  If you don't have a compatible Xperia device to test with, please try using the Remote Device Lab.

https://remotedevicelab.sonymobile.com/

Emperor
Message 9 of 28
Message 9 of 28

I am running 4.4.4

Developer World
Message 10 of 28
Message 10 of 28

Can you please provide your device model and the SW build number?

Just to rule out that this issue has something to do with the device configurations, have you tried uploading the APK to the device lab?  Suggest to try it on the Z1 device if it's available.