account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Welcome to the Theme Creator forum. 

If you have a question, search the forum to see if the answer is already available, or post your question or comment in a new thread.

Save for web problem.

SOLVED
Inhabitant
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

Save for web problem.

When i try to save the edited resource using save for web tool it always show me "there is not enough memory" but when i reduce the size to 60% or less then it shows the icons in web then i can save.

If i reduce size will it create any problem? or is there any solution to this problem?

I am using ps cc 2014, and 4 gb of ram and 60+ gb hard disk available.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Adviser
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

Re: Save for web problem.

Hi and thanks for reporting this issue!

It's not good when Photoshop resizes the resources while exporting. This will cause lots of problems in your theme!

The Photoshop templates that we provide you with are organized in a way that all components which look visually similar and or have the same function in the UI are placed in the same PSD file. The aim is to ease the work for designers who are expected to make harmonic graphics.

However, based on the techniques you use when designing in the PS templates, and based on your computer performance and specs, the PS templates might end up being too big and heavy for your system to handle.

We are working hard to release optimized versions of the Photoshop templates, however for now you have 3 solutions to make it work for you. However, these solutions can be used even in any future "optimized" templates too.

So, here you go:

1. The first one is to crop your PS template files as desired, and slipt them to two or more templates. After this, you can manually remove all the Smart Objects and Layer Groups that are not included in your new canvas. This still keeps the visible slices in the right place, but remove all the other slices that are now outside of your canvas. By doing so, you will have a correct but quicker Save for Web, a faster workflow, and would need less memory.

2. Another solution would be to remove the “LARGE_” Smart Objects, if you don’t intend on using them in your design; or, if you will use them in your design you can remove the respective smaller versions of Smart Objects. Also, to make the templates lighter for Save for Web, make sure you remove all the slices that are placed on top the deleted Smart Objects!

3. A third solution is to use our “Essential” PS templates. The templates only contain resources in the essential density buckets, and other mandatory resources. These templates are smaller, require less memory and naturally work better on slower computers. Even if you use the Essential templates, make sure to remove all unnessecary variants of your resources.

Please don't hesitate to ask if you have further questions.

Regards

7 REPLIES 7
Developer World
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

When you opened the project in Theme Creator tool, which option did you use "essential resources" or "complete resources"?

Inhabitant
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

I tried with two projects above. I got that problem with both.
Talent
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

In my test, it requires more than 10GB memory to export PNGs.

You may need to use 64bit version PhotoShop...

Rookie
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

Like Heresy said, it's the only thing I can think of that would be the problem. Make sure you have 10+ gb of free space atleast. Photoshop uses alot of space when working. Other then that it should work, you don't really a high end computer to work with this.

Inhabitant
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

problem solved: though save for web function not working properly, i can't see icons in web browser and seeing the error still...i am able to save my work on specific drive. tnx to all Slightly smiling Face
Highlighted
Adviser
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

Hi and thanks for reporting this issue!

It's not good when Photoshop resizes the resources while exporting. This will cause lots of problems in your theme!

The Photoshop templates that we provide you with are organized in a way that all components which look visually similar and or have the same function in the UI are placed in the same PSD file. The aim is to ease the work for designers who are expected to make harmonic graphics.

However, based on the techniques you use when designing in the PS templates, and based on your computer performance and specs, the PS templates might end up being too big and heavy for your system to handle.

We are working hard to release optimized versions of the Photoshop templates, however for now you have 3 solutions to make it work for you. However, these solutions can be used even in any future "optimized" templates too.

So, here you go:

1. The first one is to crop your PS template files as desired, and slipt them to two or more templates. After this, you can manually remove all the Smart Objects and Layer Groups that are not included in your new canvas. This still keeps the visible slices in the right place, but remove all the other slices that are now outside of your canvas. By doing so, you will have a correct but quicker Save for Web, a faster workflow, and would need less memory.

2. Another solution would be to remove the “LARGE_” Smart Objects, if you don’t intend on using them in your design; or, if you will use them in your design you can remove the respective smaller versions of Smart Objects. Also, to make the templates lighter for Save for Web, make sure you remove all the slices that are placed on top the deleted Smart Objects!

3. A third solution is to use our “Essential” PS templates. The templates only contain resources in the essential density buckets, and other mandatory resources. These templates are smaller, require less memory and naturally work better on slower computers. Even if you use the Essential templates, make sure to remove all unnessecary variants of your resources.

Please don't hesitate to ask if you have further questions.

Regards

Inhabitant
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

Thank You very much. It works!

And this is how i made it work before,

1. I opened the Template file.

2. Hide the first layer.

3. Didn't change anything just again hid the last layer.

4. Then used save for web function.

Though i wasn't able to see some layer in web but i was able to save them on Template root folder.

After that i opened Theme creator and selected my specific element and hit "Use external editor" Then i was able to work on just only one file from the template.

This is how it worked for me.

Thanks for your helpful solution again. Slightly smiling Face