account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Welcome to the Theme Creator forum. 

If you have a question, search the forum to see if the answer is already available, or post your question or comment in a new thread.

Problem with action bar.

Inhabitant
Message 1 of 21
Message 1 of 21

Problem with action bar.

I was doing well with every other templates but when I came to action bar components I am starting to get build error message.

This is how I was working,

I was using one template at a time and saving it project root folder. Then I was editing components with theme creator's "edit using external tool". when my all editing completed of one template folder then I took another template for working.

Everything went well for two-three templates folder. but as soon as I took "Components(1of4) action bars..." for working I started getting build error message. I was just edited the Action bar-light-solid-Top and 9patch was fine but unable to build theme.

Then for testing I didn't change anything of that folder just tried to build the theme including that folder and again build error. Then again for testing I excluded the folder and tried to build the theme and its built nicely. So The problem lies with this folder "Components(1of4)..."

I found that Action bar-Generic-Progress bar there is nothing. I tried to click Three Dots and nothing happens. I think this is causing the problem.

So anyone was successful building theme with action bar folder? please let me know! and help me to solve this problem.

sorry for long message.
20 REPLIES 20
Inhabitant
Message 2 of 21
Message 2 of 21

Re: Problem with action bar.

If I remember right the progress bar is not in the action bar & footer template.
I can't tell you about the progress bar, I haven't work with it yet.
When you get error, do you see any red exclamation marks next to the action bar-solid or top? Could it be size problem?
I had the same problem with action bar and I thought that ninepatch was OK but it wasn't. I was covering just a couple of pixels and that was enough to give me a problem. What change did you make to action bar?
Inhabitant
Message 3 of 21
Message 3 of 21

Untitleggd.jpg

looks like I have some whatever Progress bar option there lol. And when I click the three dots nothing happens.

I just changed the color of action bar-solid-top then I got build problem. but I didn't get any red exclamation error. Even I tried with everything fresh. I mean I didn't change or touch any thing in action bar option. Just tried to build the theme. And again Build error with no error showing like blue cross or red error exclamation. so it shouldn't be the size problem.

Adviser
Message 4 of 21
Message 4 of 21

Hi There!

Would it be possible for you to make a zip-file of your exported resources that you think are causing the error, and send it to us? You can place the zip-file in Dropbox or GoogleDrive and share the link to that file here. So that we can download it and test it at our end.

It would also be great if you can share your PSD file as well in the same time.

Thanks

Best

p.s.

In case if feels better, you can share the link with me in a private message.

Learner
Message 5 of 21
Message 5 of 21

Action bar

Anyone has tutorial for chinging the action bar? Face with rolling Eyes I will be greatful 

Inhabitant
Message 6 of 21
Message 6 of 21

It would be great if I could upload the folders. But having slow 2g Internet it is almost impossible sometime uploading 50-60 mb files.

I will upload when I come across to speedy internet.

thank you for replying Slightly smiling Face
Inhabitant
Message 7 of 21
Message 7 of 21

Re: Action bar

Me also having some issue with action bar.

What is your issue BTW?
Developer World
Message 8 of 21
Message 8 of 21

Re: Action bar

@fhshishir when you said you had build errors, what message did you get to tell you had that problem? What option did you use? Build -> Build and install?

Inhabitant
Message 9 of 21
Message 9 of 21

The error message something like this, "An error occurred while building theme, please restart the application and try again"

yeah I tried that option.
Adviser
Message 10 of 21
Message 10 of 21

Hi again.

Well, unfortunately it's really hard to track and understand the issue based on your explaination.

My only assumption is that the files that you exported have some sort of problem. Since many things may go wrong, it's easier to evaluate the exported files. And it's much easier to see your edited Photoshop template that makes those files. So if you upload the files, it would help us track the issue MUCH faster.

A zipped Photoshop template file is actually at least 10 times smaller than a normal Photoshop file; and the exported PNGs are super tiny.

Can you try to upload them?

-

Do you see the same problem, even if you do the following?:

1. Remove all your edited Action Bar resources from your project folder
  2. Export new resources directly from a fresh Photoshop template without any change (you may need to make a new temporary project, just to get fresh templates)
  3. And then paste those fresh resources in your project folder

Best