account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Welcome to the Theme Creator forum. 

If you have a question, search the forum to see if the answer is already available, or post your question or comment in a new thread.

Problem with action bar.

Inhabitant
Message 11 of 21
Message 11 of 21

Re: Problem with action bar.

ok I will try to upload bro Slightly smiling Face

yes, I made more project with essential and complete resources, and same problem occured. I deleted everything and tried all of your three steps earlier and same problem exist.

I can make/build theme with worked last template folders but when I try to use first four template folders like components 1-4 then I get this build error.
Developer World
Message 12 of 21
Message 12 of 21

@fhshishir, do you get a build error if you use Build -> Build Test APK? I have noticed the "Build and Install" functionality is a bit iffy for me which is not surprising as the tool is a beta. I have had much higher success rate with "Build Test APK" option, barring actual image change errors created by me.

Inhabitant
Message 13 of 21
Message 13 of 21

@theblucandy, an easy way of how to change the color of action bar:
1. Create a new project (Essential or Complete Resources).
2. Open Template: Components(1of4)ActionBars,Footer(v1.0) with photoshop.
3. Hide first and last layer
4. Save for Web with default settings (PNG24) > save > close template.don't say yes to save the changes.(this is template.)
5. Go to the theme Creator Beta
6. Action Bar>Solid>Lghit>Top
7. Click the dots>edit with external editor
(At first use xxhdpi to be able to see your changes)
8. In photoshop use the Bucket and in top of screen change tollerance to 25.
9. Open Swatches (you can download colors from google developer) choose color
10. Click inside the action bar to apply color (file>save) 

11. Go back to theme creator to see your changes

IMpORTANT! Check the ninepatches-the black lines of 1 pixel arround the image. there sould not be any other color but black.
Each side has its own line, lines are not connected with each other, and each line should be continuous(length doesn't matter-except of width=1pixel)
if it's needed to change the color(of nine patch) back to black #AC/DC#, instead of using pencil (wich will take some time and effort) use again the bucket but now with tollerance of 0.
if you intend to make a theme just for your device use the corresponding dpi.
In Photoshop don't use the option color overlay in layer, it will completely cover the image along with nine patch and theme creator will give your error. If you get blue x in red backround=ninepatch problem.
[As wmyeo said] use the export test apk function to see if it's working with the above procedure.
Hope it helps...

Highlighted
Developer World
Message 14 of 21
Message 14 of 21

@jmkk thanks for explaining your method of changing the Action Bar. That's one out of three possible ways to change the Action Bar. With your method, as you have noted, one needs to be very careful at not changing the colour of the markers - the black lines which indicate the stretchable area must be 1-pixel-wide solid black lines and the markers on the 4 corners must be fully transparent.

Another method which is more fail-proof would be to open the Smart Object in the template and start editing it. With this method, the Smart Object is set up to prevent you from overriding/overcolouring the borders, so you don't accidentally paint over them.

I should write a guide about how to do this...

Inhabitant
Message 15 of 21
Message 15 of 21

@wmeyo

yes I tried with build test apk and it always build error. Slightly frowning Face
Inhabitant
Message 16 of 21
Message 16 of 21

This is how I change the color of 9patch,

just used the rectangular marquee tool and selected th
e inside area within black 9patch bordar. then selected "layer via copy" then I edited the new layer with my own wish.
Developer World
Message 17 of 21
Message 17 of 21

Hmm, don't know why you have the build error when your method should still work...

Can you try my method to change the Action Bar and see if you get the same build error problem? I had opened the Photoshop template called Components(1of4)ActionBars,Footer(v1.0).psd and this is the original copy.

If you can't see the text in the images, right mouse click to open the image in another browser tab. You should be able to see a high res image.

edit-9-patch-steps1-2.png

edit-9-patch-step3.png

edit-9-patch-step4.png

edit-9-patch-steps5-6.png

edit-9-patch-step7.png

Regular
Message 18 of 21
Message 18 of 21

IMpORTANT! Check the ninepatches-the black lines of 1 pixel arround the image. there sould not be any other color but black

What exactly does that mean?

Developer World
Message 19 of 21
Message 19 of 21

@asi70 that means when you look at the properties of the 1-pixel black line guides, they have to be coloured solid black (#000000). If they are not, the exported asset is not a 9-patch file and Theme Creator will report errors in its UI when it detects the newly exported asset (blue X in red box on a preview or red exclamation "!" symbol in the resource navigator for the problematic resource).

Regular
Message 20 of 21
Message 20 of 21

Thank you for the information.