account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Welcome to the Theme Creator forum. 

If you have a question, search the forum to see if the answer is already available, or post your question or comment in a new thread.

Photoshop is installed, but i can't edit anything.

Learner
Message 1 of 11
Message 1 of 11

Photoshop is installed, but i can't edit anything.

Hello Guys,

i have Photoshop CS5 installed on my computer, but the Theme Creator doesn't find it.

Now i can't edit any Icons etc.

P.S.: Also doesn't work with the manual path option Slightly frowning Face

Can somebody help me?

10 REPLIES 10
Regular
Message 2 of 11
Message 2 of 11

Re: Photoshop is installed, but i can't edit anything.

I just modifies the .psd files in the "templates" folder. Not sure if where that is installed but I found it in My Documents.

I should also note that I've been getting build errors and haven't been able to compile an APK, but I don't know if that's relevant.
Learner
Message 3 of 11
Message 3 of 11

I know, but normaly you can edit the Icon with Photoshop in the Theme Creator itself Slightly frowning Face

Developer World
Message 4 of 11
Message 4 of 11

The requirement is CS6 or later.

https://developer.sony.com/develop/smartphones-and-tablets/theme-creator/overview-of-theme-creator/

What do you mean by Theme Creator doesn't find it and that it doesnt work with the manual path option?

Regular
Message 5 of 11
Message 5 of 11

I think he means even though the directory is manually set, Photoshop still doesn't come up as an option to externally edit things.

I'm using Photoshop CC and it doesn't work for me either.

Learner
Message 6 of 11
Message 6 of 11

PS CC 2014 not work =(((

PS CC 2014 not work =(((

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 7 of 11
Message 7 of 11

Re: PS CC 2014 not work =(((

I'm not sure that the image editor settings works correcly right now. Just open the PSD files in the template folder with photoshop and then follow the instructions.

https://developer.sony.com/develop/smartphones-and-tablets/theme-creator/how-to-create-a-theme/

Developer World
Message 8 of 11
Message 8 of 11

Re: PS CC 2014 not work =(((

If you want to get Theme Creator tool to open your favourite image editor, and the automatic detection functionality doesn't work, you can set this up manually, by going to Edit -> Image Editor Preferences -> Manual tab and follow the instructions written in that tab to do the configuration.

I manually configured this with the Photoshop CC 2014 (free trial version of Photoshop) and it worked.

Learner
Message 9 of 11
Message 9 of 11

It's easy to make it work... follow this simple stapes -

1) Open the .psd file in ps which you wanna edit                                                                                    

2)Then save for web without chinging anything..                                                                                  

3) Once you save the file, folder will be created

4) Now go and check from theme creator..you can use PS from there 

Visitor
Message 10 of 11
Message 10 of 11

External tool not available even after detected photoshop CS6

Theme creator identified my adobe photoshop CS6 but not setting it.Untitled.png

I changed the path in Manual set-up and also done the system navigation step after that it's not taking it.

Untitled1.png