account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Welcome to the Theme Creator forum. 

If you have a question, search the forum to see if the answer is already available, or post your question or comment in a new thread.

Live Wallpaper bug

Inhabitant
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Live Wallpaper bug

Using Theme Creator 1.3.3, I created a live wallpaper for my theme and it looks good and it works all fine on PC. When I install the apk on my E4 (running on 4.4.4) the wallpaper is black, instead of the wallpaper I created. When selecting the theme, the previews show the correct wallpaper and I can select between Live wallpaper or Keep current wallpaper. Even if I put a static wallpaper for my theme (jpg, png etc), on the phone, it keeps the Live wallpaper option when selecting the theme and displays a black wallpaper on the homescreen. What should I do to make my theme to correctly work?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: Live Wallpaper bug

It probably doesn't work on KitKat and older Xperia devices. Try adding a proper background to the live wallpaper. If you still have issues, install on a newer Xperia, for example, running Lollipop and above. Should work just fine.

Inhabitant
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: Live Wallpaper bug

@Marko_sx

Even if I don't add a background for my theme, only if I change the lockscreen wallpaper, the homescreen wallpaper appears to be a live wallpaper and when applied, it is just a black screen. Also, if I choose to use the default Kitkat, Lollipop or Marshmallow wallpaper as JPG from the Theme Creator, on the phone it is seen as live wallpaper with the same issue. The same problem appears using Theme Creator 1.1.1. This version doesn't have the option to add a live wallpaper, but creating a new theme using just this older version of Theme Creator and adding a JPG wallpaper, on the phone I have the option to choose between Live wallpaper (which, of course, is a black screen) and keeping my current wallpaper.

Beside all these problems, the themes available on Play Store with a live wallpaper have the same issue; the wallpaper is just black, not the animated wallpaper for themes like Champions League or Magical Winter.