account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Welcome to the Theme Creator forum. 

If you have a question, search the forum to see if the answer is already available, or post your question or comment in a new thread.

Invisible folders?

One time poster
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Invisible folders?

Hello,

I am using Theme Creator to make my own themes but when I create a new theme and I configure a folder path, the template folder are invisible with windows. So I can't see .PSD. Is it normal? Can you see folders after the creation of theme?

Thanks for your responses and your helps.

3 REPLIES 3
Emperor
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Invisible folders?

I had a similar issue, for some reason whenever I connected my phone to transfer the APK, I was able to see them. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Developer World
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

You should be able to see the templates folder that is created by the tool in the projectroot folder (the folder you had set in the project set up step). And you should be able to navigate inside that folder to open the PSD files.

Here are the screenshots of what I have on my computer (using Win 7 64-bit, JRE 32-bit v8 update 25, 8 GB RAM, dual core Intel processor i7-4600U).

templates-folder-in-projectroot.png

templates-folder-contents.png

Adviser
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

This is actually a litle interaction design bug in Theme Creator, which confused me for the first time too. This issue is caused by the unusual default interface of File Browsers, made by Java.

When you create a new project, you should choose a destination folder. Let's say you choose to create your new project on your Desktop in a folder called "My_Project". If this folder does not exist on your Desktop, you have to click on a not-so-visible button Slightly smiling Face to create this new folder:

Capture.PNG

When your new folder is created, Theme Creator will automaticall place some Photoshop templates in there. Also, it creates a hidden folder which contains some metadata and information that you don't need to care about. They are needed for the program to remember you theme's settings, 9-patch adjustments, color codes, etc...

So if you don't manually make this New Folder, or if you just type the name of your new folder in the address bar (at the bottom of this page), the program will not make it for you and you won't get any warnings. Therefore, the template folder and that hidden folder will be created directly on your desktop.

So, until we release a versoin with a more conventional interface, make sure you do this every time. Otherwise your new project may overwrite the old files of another project if you choose the same saving location (e.g. desktop). Of course in this case, Theme Creator is smart enough to warn you first Winking Face

Cheers