account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Welcome to the Theme Creator forum. 

If you have a question, search the forum to see if the answer is already available, or post your question or comment in a new thread.

Impossible to Save for Web with GIMP on Linux

One time poster
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

Impossible to Save for Web with GIMP on Linux

Hello, first of all, I'm sorry for my bad english, I am a french begginer student and I learn the language.

I have a problem. I work on the Linux platform (Linux Mint 17.1) and I use the GIMP for design the template. Design is easy but when I try to export the template by using Save for Web extension, there is the problem. I hide the unnecessary layers and when I use the Save for Web tool it says me the template is too large to be exported... But I can't continue the process by ignoring the error message related. If someone can help me! Thank you!

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Developer World
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: Impossible to Save for Web with GIMP on Linux

Hi,

at the moment, the templates are not compatible with Gimp or any other image editor than Photoshop CS 6: https://developer.sony.com/develop/smartphones-and-tablets/theme-creator/overview-of-theme-creator/

Photoshop CC 2014 (free, trial version) also works, at least for me on my Windows 7 machine.

What you could do is, if you still want to use Gimp as your image editor:

1) Find a way to install Photoshop CS6 / CC 2014 on Linux. Google around for "photoshop linux" to see how others have solved it.

2) Once you have got that up and running, open a new theme project with "complete resources" option to do the "Save for Web" export for all the provided templates and then you have all the image files you can edit using Gimp. See more information here: http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/General-Discussion/Text-colors-and-app-backgrounds/m-p/950401#M32