account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Welcome to the Theme Creator forum. 

If you have a question, search the forum to see if the answer is already available, or post your question or comment in a new thread.

Frequently Asked Questions

Developer World
Message 1 of 1
Message 1 of 1

Frequently Asked Questions

Business

Q: Can I sell my theme?

A: Yes, you can sell your theme but please note that you cannot use Xperia or Sony as part of the name, screenshots, package name, etc. For more details on publishing your theme, please refer to https://developer.sony.com/develop/smartphones-and-tablets/theme-creator/publish-your-theme/.

Q: Does my theme have to be built using the Theme Creator tool in order to get it promoted by Sony?

A: Yes. You must use the Theme Creator tool to build your theme to be considered for promotion.

Q: How do users find my theme if I cannot use “Xperia™” in the title?

A: Please include Designed-with-Theme-Creator-for-Xperia at the end of the app description on Google play. You should only use this search string if the theme is created using the Theme Creator.

Technical

Q: Which Android version is compatible with the themes that are built using Theme Creator Beta?

A: Themes that are built using Theme Creator Beta v0.0.1 and v0.0.2  will only be compatible with Android 4.4 (KitKat).  Android 5.0 (Lollipop) support was added to Theme Creator v0.0.3.

Q: Which Photoshop version is recommended?

A: Adobe Photoshop CS6.

Q: I do not have a device to test with, what can I do?

A: You can test the themes through the Remote Test Lab https://remotedevicelab.sonymobile.com/.

Q: Why can’t I preview all the customizable elements?

A: The beta version only has a limited set of previews available.

Q: Why is “Build and Install” grayed out?

A: You need to install the Android Debug Bridge (ADB) in order to enable to function.