account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Welcome to the Theme Creator forum. 

If you have a question, search the forum to see if the answer is already available, or post your question or comment in a new thread.

Edit new icons of navigation bar

SOLVED
Commissioner
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Edit new icons of navigation bar

Hi Community,

I'm new in the use of Theme Creator Beta and I have a big question.

Someone can guide me on how edit a new icons for the navigation bar to replace to the stock Lollipop ones?

I have Paint.net as design program instead Photoshop.

On the web I can't find any video about this step of theme creation.

Thanks to all.

Best regards.

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: Edit new icons of navigation bar

You first create the stock image for each button clicking in the circle (1.0.0 beta) and them selecting "Edit KitKat/Lollipop Image". This creates the png and opens it in your editing program if you have defined it in "Edit/Image Editor Preferences". Then from there you can make all the modifications you like and when you save you'll see them in the preview.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Check my theme collection for Xperia™ devices!
Visit my FaceBook Page

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

You first create the stock image for each button clicking in the circle (1.0.0 beta) and them selecting "Edit KitKat/Lollipop Image". This creates the png and opens it in your editing program if you have defined it in "Edit/Image Editor Preferences". Then from there you can make all the modifications you like and when you save you'll see them in the preview.

Visit my FaceBook Page

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Thanks for the answer.

I have two questions, in detail, about what you have write.

1) What exactly do you mean with "create the stock image for each button clicking in the circle (1.0.0 beta)"?

2) It is correct editing a new image of icon using a level where to draw over the cloned image of stock icon and finally delete the level of stock icon and save only the level where the new icon is drawed? I hope it is clear Winking Face

Thanks again!

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

@Alessio_84 wrote:

Thanks for the answer.

I have two questions, in detail, about what you have write.

1) What exactly do you mean with "create the stock image for each button clicking in the circle (1.0.0 beta)"?

2) It is correct editing a new image of icon using a level where to draw over the cloned image of stock icon and finally delete the level of stock icon and save only the level where the new icon is drawed? I hope it is clear Winking Face

Thanks again!

1) In Theme Creator 1.0.0 beta (it has been updated few days ago, in 0.7.0 it was slightly different) next to the name of each element now there is a circle. Click on the circle and you get a menu. On the menu Select "Edit KitKat Image" for Kitkat, and similar for Lollipop (thereis a pop down menu on the top left to chose between the two Android versions). Theme Creator clones the image and links it in its resources file.

This for the navbar buttons which do not use 9 ptaches (or if they do I never used them. Stay far away of the 9 patches as much as possible if you want an easier life). Otherwise with some elements you must chose the format (png/gif/9 Patch) you prefer.

2) I assume you mean "layer" not "level". If so, yes, that's the way to do it. As long as the picture has the same file name, extension and the same format (usually png or 9 patches) of the image you originally cloned Theme Creator catches any modification and uses it. Just be aware if you change canvas size or if you mess up with the 9 patches. But Theme Creator reports them as error with a red icon and description if you click on the red signal.

Oh, when changing the navbar buttons remember that you must do it for both KitKat and Lollipop. 

Visit my FaceBook Page
Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

Thank you so much for your answer very detailed as a guide and your patiente!!!

In the first my question I asked you about the circle because I didn't update to the newer version 1.0.0; now I saw it... Slightly smiling Face

In the second my question I meant exactly "layer"; sorry for my translation not correct from italian to english... Flushed Face

So, finally I changed to icons of navigation bar, either in portrait and landscape mode, using the steps written. 

Thank you very very so much for your support, GREAT!

Best,

Alessio

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

Please help me to change colour of navigation bar in white im using xperia e4 dual

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

Re: Please help me to change colour of navigation bar in white im using xperia e4 dual

Hi,

The only way to change the color of navbar, without root, is create your personal theme. Clicking with right mouse button on the navbar in preview, you open a window where you can choose the color white and apply it.