account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Welcome to the Theme Creator forum. 

If you have a question, search the forum to see if the answer is already available, or post your question or comment in a new thread.

Components

Learner
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Components

Hi,

I'm trying to edit the Components section in Photoshop but everytime i go to export it it comes up an error "The image exceeds the size for Save for Web was designed for. How can i export this to reflect the changes,

error.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
Inhabitant
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Components

Hi fonzi!

This message is more of a warning than an error, which means you still have the possibility to continue by clicking the Yes-button to move ahead.

And on another note from looking at your screenshot. Keep in mind to also hide the layer that says "Hide me before export..." before doing the Save for Web-action.

I hope this helps you further with finalising your theme.

sony_sign_logo.png - Developer World Support

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our discussion guidelines.
For general information on how to get in contact with us please visit our contact page.

Learner
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Thank you for your reply, i will try and could i just ask would i need to modify all these for my device which is a Sony Xperia Z1 or would i need to modify certain sizes?

Regards

Highlighted
Developer World
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Which density bucket assets to change: it depends on which devices you want to target for your theme and if you have any "fussy" graphics that need very customised tweaking.

In general, for a start, provide xxhdpi density bucket assets, run it on the target devices you want to deploy your theme on, check visually to see if they look alright. If they do, then it is fine to just stick to providing xxhdpi density bucket assets and let the Android system scale up or scale down those assets to match the screen density of the target device the theme is running on.

But if you find something looks 'off', you can get away by only providing that asset in the most appropriate or correct density bucket size to make it look nice on for that target device, and keep the others as it is, i.e. xxhdpi resources. To figure out the screen density bucket of that device, you can either get the value by querying the Android platform (use DisplayMetrics class: http://developer.android.com/reference/android/util/DisplayMetrics.html) or work it out with the help of a formula (see the answer in this post http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4942618/how-does-density-value-calculate-in-android).