account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Welcome to the Theme Creator forum. 

If you have a question, search the forum to see if the answer is already available, or post your question or comment in a new thread.

Change Dark and Light theme created by Theme Creator

SOLVED
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Change Dark and Light theme created by Theme Creator

I've found the option to change the values for a light and for a dark theme.

But I don't know how to switch between these layouts, neither in the pc programm nor on my smartphone.

Where is this option?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Adviser
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: Change Dark and Light theme created by Theme Creator

Hi there and thanks for your question!

Every single default Xperia™ theme has two modes, one is dark and the other is light. When you design your theme, you have to do the same and design two versions of the same theme. It is not as complicated as it sounds, because both dark and light modes share many common graphical assets. Therefore, you need to provide only some of your designs in two versions.

However, the reason for having the dual color mode is that some parts of the Xperia™’s user interface require a lighter look and feel and some visa versa. Additionally, some apps (native or third party apps) choose either the light version of the theme or the dark version of the theme to skin their UIs.

For example Email or Calendar apps are using the Light theme, and Backup & restore is using the Dark theme.

4 REPLIES 4
Adviser
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Hi there and thanks for your question!

Every single default Xperia™ theme has two modes, one is dark and the other is light. When you design your theme, you have to do the same and design two versions of the same theme. It is not as complicated as it sounds, because both dark and light modes share many common graphical assets. Therefore, you need to provide only some of your designs in two versions.

However, the reason for having the dual color mode is that some parts of the Xperia™’s user interface require a lighter look and feel and some visa versa. Additionally, some apps (native or third party apps) choose either the light version of the theme or the dark version of the theme to skin their UIs.

For example Email or Calendar apps are using the Light theme, and Backup & restore is using the Dark theme.

Visitor
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Please help me to use the dark theme in all interfaces without root access.

I can not set dark theme for all interfaces?

All dark is very necessary for my life and my work.

Even editing the theme light with dark pieces is not possible to change the text to white. Only the dark theme has white text. And I can not choose it?

This is unfair, because the dark theme exists. and I can not decide where and when to use?

Please help me to use the dark theme in all interfaces without root access.

Adviser
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

I have the same problem. So It's impossible for me to change the dark text under applications menu/screen? I set a nice background that goes with my theme but the dark text renders it unusable and there's nothing I can do? 

Adviser
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Me too. All things than Sony makes is a bluf. Open the AOSP scene but his devices are so hard to root. The internal themer beauty and too limited, because no change background, and Dark is impossible to achieve it. But doesn't matter, Sony has a own Themer Creator to do it, but neither works to change  the color of the words in the settings background. 

Like anything in Sony, I give you but I take things from you. A Terrible cynical marketing, a poor way to retain 'satisfied' clients.

So many time with a double thinking standard towards his customers,I give you but I take things from you. Just Sony style.