account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Welcome to the Theme Creator forum. 

If you have a question, search the forum to see if the answer is already available, or post your question or comment in a new thread.

Cannot install APK of the theme

Learner
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Cannot install APK of the theme

Hi everyone, yesterday I decided to try to make theme for my Z5, since I this is my first time creating theme, I tried to create firstly one basic theme, today I had more time to work with Theme Creator and made it more advanced theme. But I have one problem, i export APK file (unsigned) and I cannot install thath APK on my Xperia Z5. It says ´the package appears to be corrupt´.

Where am I doing it wrong? I have adb drivers installed, java 64bit, could the Nougat be the problem? current build number on my XPeria Z5 is 32.3.A.2.33

I would be thankful if you could help me out with this, and I am new to this, so I really don´t know what the problem is.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Cannot install APK of the theme

Hi,

What you actually want to do is go to Build>Export APK>Test APK or Release APK, for now, pick the Test APK, since, chances are you didn't make a keystore and a key for your Themes. So my advice to you is just to select Test APK. 

Learner
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

maybe that will work, but at the moment i don´t have .jks file, so i cannot import or generate key.

could this be because i am not registered at the moment as android developer?

all I want is to export apk file, and install it on my z5, so i could better what have i done.

sorry, first time doing this, so this is all new for me.

Learner
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Anyway,  I have found solution, I reinstalled ADB drivers, and I am able to install directly theme via Build and install option.