account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Welcome to the Theme Creator forum. 

If you have a question, search the forum to see if the answer is already available, or post your question or comment in a new thread.

Cannot export APK

Highlighted
Regular
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Cannot export APK

Hi.

I'm having issues when trying to export a APK.

When I select either export a test APK or a signed APK, the building process starts for 2 seconds than stops. There is no error message at all.

I have the latest JDK and JRE, what else could I be missing?

3 REPLIES 3
Adept
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Cannot export APK

Hi,

If you are using windows 32 bit version there will be some slowness. So do one thing navigate to the folder where the theme creator is copied > hold shift and right click on an empty space > open command window here. Then type  "java -Xmx1G -jar theme-creator.jar" and press enter, once the theme creator starts try to export apk.

Let me know if this worked Slightly smiling Face

Regards,
Shreyas.

Regular
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Thanks, but that gives the same result. I am using Win 7 64 bits.

It's not about it being slow, it's about it stopping during the export. The green progress bar for "building" goes up a tiny bit and then it disappears and nothing happens.

Actually, I just tried with  a new blank theme and it works. I'm able to export that with no issues. So there is no problem with my computer, it must be a problem with my theme but I don't know what it could be. All I've done is modify the photoshop templates.

Regular
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

I fixed this. 

Turns out one asset had a 9-patch error and that prevents exporting. I just re-exported everything from Photoshop and it fixed itself.

Still would be nice to receive an error explaining why exporting apk failed though.