account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Welcome to the Theme Creator forum. 

If you have a question, search the forum to see if the answer is already available, or post your question or comment in a new thread.

Can't see live changes in theme creator

Apprentice
Message 1 of 14
Message 1 of 14

Can't see live changes in theme creator

Just downloaded the new beta of theme creator.While changing colors I was supposed to see live changes of the accents.But I can't.The colors don't seem to stick too.They just revert.I'll like to know if there's sth special to do before I can see live changes while editing colors.

13 REPLIES 13
Developer World
Message 2 of 14
Message 2 of 14

Re: Can't see live changes in theme creator

Hi,

make sure you have the "pointer"/"star" selected on the colour palette, like the one shown in my screenshot. As this is a beta version of the tool, the UI is a bit fiddly - will report this feedback to the development team.

If you still run into problems, please state which element you were trying to change in the resource navigator. 

step2-pointer.png

Apprentice
Message 3 of 14
Message 3 of 14

unfortunetly I can't see anything like that.All of the editable components behave the same way.The colors arent changing or sticking for any.

Developer World
Message 4 of 14
Message 4 of 14

Hmm, K. Which elements were you trying to change?

For the drawer element, I don't encounter the same problem as you have reported - "the colors aren't changing or sticking for any" - if I were to change the colour of the background or the font colour, unless it's the very first time I have opened that element/started the tool and I have not "pinned" the pointer to colour palette.

Visitor
Message 5 of 14
Message 5 of 14

I too am running into the same issue. When i select a color from any of the palets they revert back to the default color. I have tried downloading GImp to see if that will help with no resolution. 

Apprentice
Message 6 of 14
Message 6 of 14

see nothing can change here.When I hit ok the color doesn't change.Every part of the theme creator doesn't change(status bar,action bar blabla...) How do you have that yellow square btw?Is there a different way to setup this theme creator?

Capture.PNG

Developer World
Message 7 of 14
Message 7 of 14

I can't see your image - it's showing that yellow triangle default image again.

UPDATE: now I can see your attached image. Hmm, odd that the colour does not change in the preview.

Try this (I'm just guessing off the top of my head now): can you move the "cursor" on the colour bar to another colour range, e.g. blue colour range, and make sure the pointer is selected on the palette as well?

FYI, you don't see the yellow square - it's just my annotation to draw your attention to the pointer on the palette. Sorry if it confused you.

Here's another screenshot without any annotations:

step2-pointer2.png

Apprentice
Message 8 of 14
Message 8 of 14

yeah I can move it but still nothing.This is weird.I doubt that we have different things installed.

Highlighted
Developer World
Message 9 of 14
Message 9 of 14

Can you provide your computer spec info?

Computer spec info:

* OS version

* CPU

* RAM

* Version of Java Runtime Env or JDK (if you are doing Android app development)

Do you have Photoshop CS 6 installed on this machine?

Apprentice
Message 10 of 14
Message 10 of 14

asus us31sd intel i3qcore,6gb RAM,1GB GPU ddr3 RAM,latest java&jdk,Win 7/8.1,cs6 and yata yata yata....