account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Welcome to the Theme Creator forum. 

If you have a question, search the forum to see if the answer is already available, or post your question or comment in a new thread.

Build error

Regular
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Build error

Hi, when I try to build my APK in both signed and unsigned versions, it just tells me there was a vague "build error" and that I would need to restart the program to try again - which never works. I have replaced some graphics but everything appears fine in the previews, so I don't know where the problem is.
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Emperor
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: Build error

what if you re-download everything? Do you have the latest java?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Regular
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Just downloaded the Theme Creator and the latest Java today. Everything was fresh.

EDIT: After picking apart my modifications, it looks like some of the changes I made are causing conflicts, but I can't really determine what they are. Same goes for the "red box with blue X" error on some elements - I know not to try to compile those, but I still can't figure out why that error appears and how I can circumvent it.

Developer World
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

Can you take a screenshot when this "build error" message comes up and post it here? Would be helpful for troubleshooting if you provide step-by-step info on how you got to this erroneous point and your OS version info.

Rookie
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

@Stormwing wrote:

Just downloaded the Theme Creator and the latest Java today. Everything was fresh.

EDIT: After picking apart my modifications, it looks like some of the changes I made are causing conflicts, but I can't really determine what they are. Same goes for the "red box with blue X" error on some elements - I know not to try to compile those, but I still can't figure out why that error appears and how I can circumvent it.

Regarding the issue with the red box with blue X. Is this what you mean?:

bluex.png

This error happens because when you save for web photoshop creates a folder with the PNG images from the slices. It's a bug if I remember so just remove all the PNGs that you havn't changed any graphics and keep the ones that you wanted to change and this red box with blue x should be gone and it should work.

Developer World
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

I provided an explanation on another thread also started by @Stormwing on why you see the "blue X with red box": http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/General-Discussion/Text-colors-and-app-backgrounds/m-p/949865/highligh...

Rookie
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

Yes 9-patch is one thing. But you can just change the color of something without edit the borders of the 9-patch and still get this error. What I did was to just remove the png files that were saved into the folder after using "save for web" that weren't altered and then it worked.