account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Welcome to Sony's SmartEyeglass discussion forum!

Here you can find general product information and community discussions on SmartEyeglass. Please see the following link for developer technical support.

Info about SmartEyeglass Camera

One time poster
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

Info about SmartEyeglass Camera

Hello,

I read the information about Glass from the website, mentioned that its field of view is 'Diagonal 20° (19° × 6°)'. This is the field watching from the Glass, right? Could you also provide me more information about the camera on the Glass? For example. how is the field of view from the camera? And how does the alignment direction of the camera, comparing to the coordinate system of sensors in it (and to the framework of Glass)?

I will be so appreciated if you could answer my questions. Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Developer World
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: Info about SmartEyeglass Camera

Hi Hongwei,

So sorry about the very late reply. I noticed your question when I was looking for this spec myself, and I've found the specs for the angle-of-view on the camera.

They are 56 degrees horizontally, and 42 degrees vertically.

Regarding alignment, I don't have a useful answer I'm sorry to say. I've managed to align the display with the camera FOV by using a simple calibration method (basically finding out the camera image coordinates of an object that I have aligned with a crosshair in the middle of the screen.)

But when it comes to the sensors, I will see if I can find out how they are aligned, if they are aligned at all and calibrated.

Best regards,

Joakim