account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

what back up methods are workable for older Xperia Ion LT28i ??

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 1 of 1
Message 1 of 1

what back up methods are workable for older Xperia Ion LT28i ??

I tried to do full back up off cell with older app Sony PC Companion seeing cell in desktop win7 pc usb port. It said it would not for security reasons as unknown source app files detected. So I did figure out to tell it to back up full system and all unknown apps I checked in list, it backed it all up to micro sd card in it. In case I need to replace cell and would like atleast the media, txts, apps, etc, in a newer other brand maybe cell. I guess I could use new cell's restore or install from backup files on sd card. Or would that only work for a new Sony cell ?? I tried the newer Sony Xperia Companion installed but nothing tried from support forums could get it to see cell in pc usb. I gather because it's too old so not supported and refused to be recognized in pc. So uninstalled that and tried to reinstall older Sony PC Companion that atleast saw cell in pc usb. But it must need to downlaod of net as it tries then says soory unable try later. SONY, could you please allow us older cell users to be able to reinstall older PC Companion ?? Also, as extra back up, I used pc win7 to make exact copies of both the internal folders and files as well as the sdcard folders and files. If needed, would that work to copy over right to this cell if needed ??