account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to restore from backup after repairing software

Learner
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

unable to restore from backup after repairing software

Hey,

I've got a bit of a crisis now...

After various issues I decided to use Xperia Companion's "software repair" for my Sony Xperia XA1.

Before that, in order to save my data and settings I did a Xperia Companion backup which was successfulproblem 1.PNG

as you can see, a backup shows up in Xperia Companion as well as there is a 10GB big folder in Documents/Sony/Xperia Companion/Backups
However, when I open the Companion Restore section, no available Backup shows up...problem2.PNG

It is the exact same phone with the exact same software and I already tried restarting both, computer and phone, reinstalling Companion, using developer options... nothing worked

Please help!!!
Kinda desperate over here...

Thanks, Anna

3 REPLIES
Learner
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: unable to restore from backup after repairing software

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM! Sony you need to get it together! Alot of people are having the same issues, and you don't even reply...

Visitor
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Having the exact same issue. I don't think sony devs bothered to code the PCC restore at all. If Sony didn't force us to use a password on the backup I could manually restore everything I needed.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

I decided to send my phone to repair. It all works now, even PCC. They changed the "motherboard" of the phone. But I don't see how that could be the only solution to this problem, which MANY people seem to have.

My next phone will probably not be Sony...