account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Z3 Compact WiFi Connection to Windows 10

Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

Z3 Compact WiFi Connection to Windows 10

Hi all:

My Windows 10 Upgrade came through. One casualty is my wireless connection to my Z3 Compact. I unpaired the phone and ran PCC. While the device can pair with my laptop, it will not connect using any of the settings available in PCC. I note that my version of PCC does not have settings for Windows 10. Is there a newer version?

When trying to add the Z3C in Windows, it asks for a WPS key...never saw that before.

Any help appreciated. 

Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

Wireless media transfer problem

I have paired my Xperia with y PC, but can't get past this:

USB conn

I tap Conect on my phone, but it just spins there and after a while says that it can't connect.

phone screenie

M2 Aqua, recently updated to 5.1.1

Windows 10 x64 pro

pc companion 2.1

Please help someone.

Genius
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Re: Wireless media transfer problem

Hi @ch1zra

Do you have any antivirus or firewall that´s interfering with the process? Keep us updated please.

"We can have anything we want on life, if we just help others to found what they need” - Ebelsain Villegas
Learner
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

Re: Wireless media transfer problem

Only windows 10 native Defender.

Tried turning it off now, and nothing happened. Still the same result.

Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

Re: Z3 Compact WiFi Connection to Windows 10

My update: I spent an hour with Chat Support and they feel that PCC may ( accent on "may") be incompatible with Windows 10. Right now I cannot use the Wifi Connection to transfer files. All other functions of PCC (repair, update, etc) are avaialble via USB connection.

There is a very odd thing: when trying to add the wireless device within Windows 10, it asks for a specific WPS PIN for the cell phone. This is NOT the same WPS PIN used to connect to the router...we tried those. So somewhere there is a WPS PIN for the D5803 (sort of like the default ones used for Bluetooth devices). That's the key to unlocking Wifi access, but Chat Support could not give me any information.

Is this a dealbreaker? No, but being able to quickly connect and transfer photos, music, etc. would be great.

Question

Message 6 of 8

You ask: is it a deal breaker?

For me the answer is simple. Sony never again. When this z3 bites the dust then Never Sony Again.

I have had so many problems with Sony Support and warranty it makes me gag. Unbelievable that your Chat sessions were so vague and without a solution. 

And Kevlar; never give a gun to a Sony Sod. They will just keeping shooting their feet off. Love to see an army of armed ducks march into the Sony Warranty department in Ontario though.

Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

Update on connectivity  issue

I tried connecting the paired Z3C with my host computer with the computer connected to the home network via a LAN Cable. Worked like a charm!! Anguished Face

What does this mean? Beats me, but here's a summary

• Z3C connected to the home network via WiFi + Host connected via WiFi = WILL NOT CONNECT
  • Z3C wireless + Host wired LAN = Instant connection and works as advertised

So what conflicts could be introduced wireless to wireless? 

I will try to connect with the typical home configuation (both connected to the home network via WiFi) and see what transpires.

Stay tuned kids Ghost

Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8