account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Xperia companion software update takes forever to finish

Rookie
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Xperia companion software update takes forever to finish

Well my z5 recently became buggy especially the smart connect and the camera app.. So i decided to software repair it using the xperia companion in my pc and i've been waiting for 3 hours and loading bar is still not progressing.. I opened taskmanager though and it looks like the app is still responding it also has disk activity and cpu usage. Is this normal? Should I really wait that long? How long does this process take? Thank you
4 REPLIES 4
Phy
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: Xperia companion software update takes forever to finish

If you have a fast internet connection the process will be fast.
Rookie
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Ok thanks but i'm already at the 'repairing your xperia device' phase where it now requires the phone to be steadily plugged in.. Does it still need an internet connection in that part?

Highlighted
Phy
Forum Legend
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Has it finished downloading the software? if it did then it shouldn't, does your computer meet the minimum hardware requirements?

System requirements

Internet broadband connection
Intel® Pentium® 4, or equivalent AMD processor
5 GB free hard disk space
2 GB RAM
1 available USB 2.0 or USB 3.0 port and USB cable
Microsoft® Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1 or Windows 10
One time poster
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Is it okay with wifi..and the minimum time it'll take to update the software???