account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia companion has froze during repair

SOLVED
Highlighted
Visitor
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Xperia companion has froze during repair

Hi all,

My wifes XZ1 compact was bootlooping so I was advised by Sony to try using the xperia companion, however it has been stuck at about 25% for over 2 hours.  Having checked task manager on windows 10, there is a lot of movement on the memory on the Xperia Companion task but the Xperia Companion (32 bit) the memory usage is low, was at 8mb when I first checked and is only slowly going down (5.8mb).  

It looks to me like it has crashed however I am worried to remove the cable and start again as it does say not to disconnect the phone.  The internet connection here is not bad (40mb) and I have check that it is allowed on windows firewall, help please, what should I do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Emperor
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: Xperia companion has froze during repair

@Ersags 

I'm sorry to hear that, you will have to disconnect the phone > charge it > then start the update process all over again. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Emperor
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

@Ersags 

I'm sorry to hear that, you will have to disconnect the phone > charge it > then start the update process all over again. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

View solution in original post

Visitor
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Thanks for that, I did think of doing it but was scared that by unplugging it when the screen says don't disconnect it, that it would brick the phone but you say that I can do so?

Emperor
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

@Ersags 

it shouldn't brick the phone as you are not unlocking the bootloader, whenever you start the repair process, keep the phone off 

Visitor
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

Well, somehow the act of plugging it back in again the phone back in turned the phone on, so far so good, I have logged into the phone, so not fully tested yet but at least I can access Anroid, thank you so much for your help!

Emperor
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

@Ersags 

Glad to hear that Slightly smiling Face 

Now just charge the phone > restart the computer > try again with Xperia Companion