account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Xperia Z Blank screen upon boot

SOLVED
Highlighted
Learner
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Xperia Z Blank screen upon boot

I have had my Xperia Z for a long time since launch day basically, it currently runs Android 5.1.1 the latest firmware however one day it simply turned off and when I tried to start it again the screen went blank on startup and it stays like that until the battery drains.

I tried hard resetting it multiple times (power button + volume up) and to no avail it still does the same thing. 

I tried repairing it with Xperia Companion but all I get is an error message

"UEGetPhoneInfoMissingInfo
C6603 3565 Unknown: Aug 24 2015/19:58:33
1.5.3.0 / Windows 8.1 64 bit / Win32 / NO"

I tried Emma but that one told me my phone was locked and unlocking my phone now seems to be painful task which I rather not go through.

Is there any suggestions to what could possibly be wrong? I have tried all the official ways to fix it, but the screen is just blank upon boot and stays that way forever. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Scavenger Hunt Winner
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: Xperia Z Blank screen upon boot

Hi, the phone is charging still right?

If it is, leave it to charge for 2 - 3 hours, and then go to Xperiablog.net

Find the firmware you want, and get Flashtool.

Read up on how to flash.
Quite simple really, select the downloaded FTF, and hold the volume down key while you plug the device in to USB to the computer. It's safe to release the volume key once the charging LED stays solid colour, it turns on and off and on, and the PC will have its USB detected chimes
(Easy way to remember is:
Volume Down = DOWNLoad Firmware too device
Volume Up = UPLoad changes to device... Custom ROM changes or ADB things)

You should be able to flash the firmware.

I've bricked my phone plenty of times, and had it at one stage give me a red led and white screen while I tried to charge (I accidentally broke the boot partition) but as long as you don't let it run flat, you'll be able to flash to it.

Recovering from a dead battery while your phone doesn't have a working system image is a little more difficult
//----------------- C:\》$ Path- Thyme: .trawler //-----------------Auto-Correct Disclaimer: Not sorry. //----------------- Batteries not included.
4 REPLIES 4
Scavenger Hunt Winner
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Hi, the phone is charging still right?

If it is, leave it to charge for 2 - 3 hours, and then go to Xperiablog.net

Find the firmware you want, and get Flashtool.

Read up on how to flash.
Quite simple really, select the downloaded FTF, and hold the volume down key while you plug the device in to USB to the computer. It's safe to release the volume key once the charging LED stays solid colour, it turns on and off and on, and the PC will have its USB detected chimes
(Easy way to remember is:
Volume Down = DOWNLoad Firmware too device
Volume Up = UPLoad changes to device... Custom ROM changes or ADB things)

You should be able to flash the firmware.

I've bricked my phone plenty of times, and had it at one stage give me a red led and white screen while I tried to charge (I accidentally broke the boot partition) but as long as you don't let it run flat, you'll be able to flash to it.

Recovering from a dead battery while your phone doesn't have a working system image is a little more difficult
//----------------- C:\》$ Path- Thyme: .trawler //-----------------Auto-Correct Disclaimer: Not sorry. //----------------- Batteries not included.
Learner
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Thanks, what I did was just flashing 4.4.4 to the phone via FlashTool and then I flashed 5.1.1, then it all seemed to work. 

It never worked when I flashed 5.1.1 directly for some reasons but the older one and then flashing the newest one it all works now. 

Scavenger Hunt Winner
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

My phone was in this state about 5 minutes ago because I'm trying to get android bootable recovery working with root kernel

Apprentice
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

I have similar problem with my C6833 and I can't seem to find a solution.

Tried Power-Volume Up button combination but to no avail.

My phone was working ok before it happened when I powered off and then power on my device.