account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia Companion - sofware reparation error

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Xperia Companion - sofware reparation error

Hello,

My phone started to overheating and its battery diminishing very quikly (from 100 to 30% in ~2 hours). It worked perfectly fine yesterday and had this problem today. On top of that is seems slow and laggy.

I decided to try to completely wipe the phone using Xperia Companion to do a repair.... But it didn't worked. Every attempt results in the error code  "UELoginNetworkError.ynn.e nnnnn_1213_0".

based on this, I tried several things:

I don't use any proxy.

My internet is working fine and Xperia companion is allowed on the Windows firewall.

I installed the last Java version.

I tried on three different PC (two with windows 10, one windows 7).

I launched it in administrator mode and tried windows 8 compatibility mod.

I tried un- and rei-nstall both java and Xperia companion three times.

And I -of course- tried to reboot several times.

All to no aval.

Any help would be greatly welcomed!! Thanks!! Grinning Face

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Scavenger Hunt Winner
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: Xperia Companion - sofware reparation error

Do you have a firewall running? If so, add an exception for XC temporarily
//----------------- C:\》$ Path- Thyme: .trawler //-----------------Auto-Correct Disclaimer: Not sorry. //----------------- Batteries not included.
Highlighted
Learner
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Similar situation here, I also tried with OSX 10.12.2

I can not find much on this specific error, so I suspect it may be a new issue?

I did get a slightly different error on the Mac, but it all seems to revolve around connecting to the server at Sony's end.

One thing to note is that on the Mac seemed to incread up to about 30% on consecutive attempts, I noticed 20% on one attempt, then 25% and then 30% on different attempts, with the 30% being the limit, maybe cached as it was quicker in the end?

I checked a few other Google searches without quoting the exact error and one seemed to imply it is a Sony server issue:

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/PC-Mac-Software/UELoginNetworkError/td-p/1174023

It eventually went through... hmmm...

Highlighted
Learner
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

additional update...

It seems to have progressed slightly on the Windows computer, I now get:

Error code: UEDownloadServiceFailed
UE_1202

Highlighted
Learner
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

Ok, trying again with the Mac, went to 35,36,37,38,40 and now at 41% (much slower download than previously....but appears to finally be progressing). 

It does look loke an issue with the server connection, hope they dont use Telstra with the exchange fire taking out businesses like Jetstar's checkin system.

Well time will tell if it will be successful.

Highlighted
Learner
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

And.. Finally, downloaded the update... now installing... 

Solution:
Persistance, as there was nothing wrong on my side (CPE) and had to keep retrying like others have posted.

Outcome:

Success 6.0.1 upgraded from 4.4.4 on D6653 Z3

Other thoughts... Would have been easier if I could have done it OTA on the Telstra branded handset like I believe I was able to do with my Virgin Mobile handset.

Apprentice
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

I cannot run Xperia Companion as it comes up with an error message: “Setup Failed. One or more issues caused the setup to fail …” etc. My Xperia Z Compact phone is going to a black screen, with all functions disabled when I try to make a phone call and I am not getting incoming calls. I see from other forums that this is a common problem but Sony have not fixed it. I am going to do a factory reset but I need Xperia Companion in order to transfer Contacts. I have uninstalled and tried to reinstall Xperia Companion and PC Companion numerous times but I keep getting this error. Very poor service from Sony.