account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Xperia Companion getting Error code: UEInstallerMD5Check

SOLVED
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 14
Message 1 of 14

Xperia Companion getting Error code: UEInstallerMD5Check

when i try to update my xperia m5 it stats downloading then after 1 min it says: Error code: UEInstallerMD5Check. Any solution? Cant update through xperia companion. Also while backing up most of the time it gets stuck. Reinstalled several times, restarted pc nothing working. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sony Xperia Support
Message 9 of 14
Message 9 of 14

Re: Xperia Companion getting Error code: UEInstallerMD5Check

Hi @Alvyibnferoz,

Here's all the troubleshooting I could find on Xperia Companion. If this has not resolved the issue, you may wish to try another computer.

Try these methods one after the other. Verify after each method whether the problem was solved, before trying the next one.

• Make sure that you have a working Internet access. Visit any website, for example, www.sonymobile.com, to verify that the computer can access the Internet. If that is a problem, please check cable, router or the Internet service provider etc.
  • Check your firewall and make sure that Sony Ericsson Update Engine and Xperia Companion are allowed to access the Internet. For instructions, refer to the user guide for the firewall.
  • Check your proxy settings. If you are trying to update your device when connected to a corporate network, you might be using a proxy. Contact your network administrator for further assistance.
  • Check that Java is up to date on your computer. https://java.com/en/download/
  • Restart the computer and try again.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

13 REPLIES 13
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 14
Message 2 of 14

Hi @Alvyibnferoz,

Have you tried other USB cables and other USB ports?

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

Forum Legend
Message 3 of 14
Message 3 of 14

Run the program in administration mode
Try again later, sometimes this happens when the update is recently released

________________________________________________________________________________
The Man! The Myth! The Forum Legend! -Scott Sterling
Enthusiast
Message 4 of 14
Message 4 of 14

I dont think its problem with Usb, i just tried onother port. also different cable. Yes i also ran it as Administrator. And my internet connection is fine. checked it. Also here is a screenshot.Screenshot (18).png 

Forum Legend
Message 5 of 14
Message 5 of 14

Yes, just try again. The problem is more on the other side. Sony servers. This will be resolved on its own.

________________________________________________________________________________
The Man! The Myth! The Forum Legend! -Scott Sterling
Message 6 of 14
Message 6 of 14

@Alvyibnferoz Update java on your computer, restart it too. 

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Enthusiast
Message 7 of 14
Message 7 of 14

Installed latest version of Java and restated pc too. Still same error
Enthusiast
Message 8 of 14
Message 8 of 14

No solution then Slightly frowning Face

Sony Xperia Support
Message 9 of 14
Message 9 of 14

Hi @Alvyibnferoz,

Here's all the troubleshooting I could find on Xperia Companion. If this has not resolved the issue, you may wish to try another computer.

Try these methods one after the other. Verify after each method whether the problem was solved, before trying the next one.

• Make sure that you have a working Internet access. Visit any website, for example, www.sonymobile.com, to verify that the computer can access the Internet. If that is a problem, please check cable, router or the Internet service provider etc.
  • Check your firewall and make sure that Sony Ericsson Update Engine and Xperia Companion are allowed to access the Internet. For instructions, refer to the user guide for the firewall.
  • Check your proxy settings. If you are trying to update your device when connected to a corporate network, you might be using a proxy. Contact your network administrator for further assistance.
  • Check that Java is up to date on your computer. https://java.com/en/download/
  • Restart the computer and try again.

One time poster
Message 10 of 14
Message 10 of 14

Hello people,

I might have figured out something, let me know if it helps.

Xperia Companion Latest Version: Check

Java Latest Version: Check

1) Run companion in Administrator Mode.

2) On the top right corner of companion, click on settings icon.

3) Under proxy settings, check if it is running in 'No Proxy' mode or else select 'No Proxy'.

4) Connect the phone and attempt to update, i'm underway right now. 

Cheers Smiling Face with Sunglasses