account arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-down

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xperia Companion file transferring mode

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Xperia Companion file transferring mode

Hi

I just got my xperia x and have never had a sony xperia before and have no experience of xperia companion. when i start xperia companion i´m prompted to enable file transfer mode but i can´t find where to do so? i´ve searched the settings over and over again w/o finding where to do this. could anyone please help?

thanks

ulif

3 REPLIES
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Xperia Companion file transferring mode

Hi @ulif,

Welcome to the community.

When you connect your phone to your PC, you will need to unlock the screen of your phone. You should see a menu pop up that has 3 options, Charge only, File Transfer (MTP) and MIDI. Choose the File Transfer (MTP) mode.

- Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Demigod
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Make sure the phones screen stays on.. Else Droid turns off mtp
//----------------- C:\》$ Path- Thyme: .trawler //-----------------Auto-Correct Disclaimer: Not sorry. //----------------- Batteries not included.
Visitor
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Hi Cameron,

Thanks for the help - it worked. I think that maybe the screen (as mentioned) turned off as i did not have that option when i tried connecting it yesterday.

regards

ulf