account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Xperia Companion could not verify the server certificate

SOLVED
Learner
Message 2 of 33
Message 2 of 33

I'm trying to upgrade my Sony C5 Ultra to Android 6.0 using Xperia Companion, but when I open the program it shows this error:

And when trying to update and repair, it only shows me the UELoginNetworkError when I start

I also try to update via OTA but it tells me that my device is up to date, including the built-in apps.

Is there a problem with the update servers?

Thank you

Accepted Solutions
Sony Xperia Support
Message 26 of 33
Message 26 of 33

Re: Xperia Companion could not verify the server certificate

Hello everyone and I'm very sorry to hear about this. Slightly frowning Face

A new version of Xperia Companion has been released that will fix this as there was a unexpected behaviour with a network error in the previous version.

The new version is called "2.5.3.0" and is available on the link below. Please note that you will need to manually uninstall Xperia Companion > download and then install the new version and you will be able to update/repair the software in your devices.

https://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/xperia-companion/

Thank you all for your reports and have a great day!

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

32 REPLIES 32
One time poster
Message 1 of 33
Message 1 of 33

Error message when starting the Xperia Companion software

Hallo zusammen, seit derl etzten Woche bekommen unsere Kollegen folgende Fehlermeldung beim Starten von "Xperia Companion". EDIT: Fehlermeldung lautet: "Xperia Companion konnte das Serverzertifikat nicht überprüfen..." (Bild hochladen funktioniert nicht) Nach längerer Zeit kommt auch eine weitere Fehlermeldung, dass keine Netzwerkverbindung besteht. In diesem Netzwerbereich gehen die Mitarbeiter nicht über einen Proxy ins Internet sondern direkt über die Firewall. Auf diese wird jedoch jede Verbindung als erfolgreich angezeigt. Es werden keine Verbindungen geblock oder ähnliches.

Kann uns hier bitte jemand helfen das Problem zu lösen?

Hello everybody, since last week our colleagues get the following error message when starting "Xperia Companion". EDIT: Error message: "Xperia Companion could not verify the server certificate ..." (Upload image does not work) After a long time comes another error message that there is no network connection. In this network area, the employees do not go through a proxy to the Internet but directly through the firewall. However, each connection will be displayed as successful. There are no connections blocked or the like.

Can someone help us here to solve the problem?

-GT

Pioneer
Message 3 of 33
Message 3 of 33

Hi @NeoSDAP_96;

There seems to be in fact since yesterday some kind of problem with the Sony Xperia update servers that does not allow the Xperia Companion or the Software Update app to verify the updates (the Software Update app searches for updates for a long time and then simply gives the last screen information available).

I already informed the issue, let's hope it gets solved fast.

Talent
Message 4 of 33
Message 4 of 33

xperia companion could not verify the server certificate.

xperia companion could not verify the server certificate. if you experience any unexpected network error while using the software, please ask your network administrator to allow xperia companion through your firewall or content filter.

Please fix this sony

One time poster
Message 5 of 33
Message 5 of 33

Re: xperia companion could not verify the server certificate.

i got same problem to.. 

Network problem

Xperia Companion could not verify the server certificate. If you experience any unexpected network errors while using the software, please ask your network administrator to allow Xperia Companion through your firewall or content filter.

DigiCert SHA2 Secure Server CA

Learner
Message 6 of 33
Message 6 of 33

does any buddy know how to solve bellow issue.

------>

Xperia Companion could not verify the server certificate. If you experience any unexpected network errors while using the software, please ask your network administrator to allow Xperia Companion through your firewall or content filter.

DigiCert SHA2 Secure Server CA

<----

I have tried..

1.install "DigiCert SHA2 Secure Server CA,

2.Run Xperia Companion  in Adminstrator

3.Update Java

4.Use "no Proxy" option in Setting

but still have issue..

2019-06-17_22-21-36.jpgwhen i open XC this massage pop up

Highlighted
Learner
Message 7 of 33
Message 7 of 33

Re: xperia companion could not verify the server certificate.

How curious
A few hours ago, in the error it said DigiCert Global Root CA and now says DigiCert SHA2 Secure Server CA

They're probably renewing certificates from their servers, so I'll check over the course of the day.

Message 8 of 33
Message 8 of 33

How curious
A few hours ago, in the error it said DigiCert Global Root CA and now says DigiCert SHA2 Secure Server CA

They're probably renewing certificates from their servers, so I'll check over the course of the day.

Message 9 of 33
Message 9 of 33

Updating Xperia Z3

I've kept my Z3 as a backup phone and today it became necessary to use it again.

I did a factory reset and would like to update to the latest firmware.

When I go to "software update" it says "your device is up to date." Surely it's not up to date?

Then I installed Xperia Companion. When I open the app it says

"Xperia Companion could not verify the server certificate. If you experience any unexpected network errors while using the software, please ask your network administrator to allow Xperia Companion through your firewall or content filter. DigiCert SHA2 Secure Server CA"

When I connect my Z3 to my pc it doesn't see the phone.

The app is allowed in my firewall.

Can anybody please help me to update my phone to the latest firmware.

Learner
Message 10 of 33
Message 10 of 33

Re: Updating Xperia Z3

It appears that software update servers have problems with certificates.

I have the same problem on my C5 Ultra and my Z1. So there's only one left to wait when the problem will be solved.

The issue is also affecting updates via OTA.