account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Xperia Companion compared with Sony PC Companion

SOLVED
Highlighted
Message 1 of 56
Message 1 of 56

Xperia Companion compared with Sony PC Companion

Hi,

I noticed a new Companion on the UK support website, called Xperia Companion.

What is the purpose of this program compared with the good old Sony PC Companion? Will PC Companion be fade out soon?

Bernd

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 56
Message 3 of 56

Re: Xperia Companion compared with Sony PC Companion

Hi @BerndGaykema,

Xperia Companion will indeed be replacing PC Companion. It's designed to be simpler to use, more streamlined and straight forward. Much of the functionality of PCC will be there on XC already, with more added in future updates.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

55 REPLIES 55
Emperor
Message 2 of 56
Message 2 of 56

@BerndGaykema

It seems that the XC its straight to the point of update/repair the phones, and PCC its more to backup, transfer media, etc. In other words, it seems that XC its like the now extinct SUS/SEUS

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 56
Message 3 of 56

Hi @BerndGaykema,

Xperia Companion will indeed be replacing PC Companion. It's designed to be simpler to use, more streamlined and straight forward. Much of the functionality of PCC will be there on XC already, with more added in future updates.

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

Message 4 of 56
Message 4 of 56

Thanks for the replies.

And for moving this post to the correct forum location: didn't know that this one exists .... Thinking Face

Learner
Message 5 of 56
Message 5 of 56

Xperia Companion keeps crashing everytime i plug in my z3 compact. It runs for a second or 3 before crashing. I am runing windows 10 with compatible specs based on your required system.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 6 of 56
Message 6 of 56

Hi @kly91,

Try uninstalling Xperia Companion, downloading a new installer and re-installing it. Also make sure your Java is up to date

Learner
Message 7 of 56
Message 7 of 56

Thanks for the reply CameronT.

I have tried uninstalling then reinstalling xperia companion using the exe file from the link provided but to no avail. App still crashes after a few seconds.

I'll try the Java update in a while. Will let you know how it goes.

UPDATE: installed the latest Java (Version 8 Update 77) but the app still crashes. Slightly frowning Face

Sony Xperia Support
Message 8 of 56
Message 8 of 56

@kly91, very strange. Is it possible for you to try and install it on a different PC?

Learner
Message 9 of 56
Message 9 of 56

I don't have any other pc to try at the moment. I saw other posts in this forum with same issue on different systems also. I haven't found any solution or workaround there too. Is there by any chance that sony is working on a fix right now?
Sony Xperia Support
Message 10 of 56
Message 10 of 56

@kly91,

We're always iterating and improving, but I cannot guarantee when any specific thing will be resolved.

In the meantime you could use PC Companion as it is still functional.