account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Xperia Companion cannot connect to my phone

SOLVED
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

Xperia Companion cannot connect to my phone

Hi!

I have troubles connecting my phone to Xperia Companion; I have an Xperia Neo (MT15i): I know it's pretty old..but I still like (and use) it.

Recently I was no more able to connect to Google Play, so I wanted to try updating using my pc.

Previous version of Xperia Companion could connect with no issues, but it was installed on my old pc, and I don't know, if still available, where to download it now.

After installing latest version of Xperia Companion, I cannot see my phone while connecting it using USB (my PC recognizes the phone and I can open all the folders in my SD card).

If I try to back up it, this is what I see:

image.pngimage.png

If anyone can give me clues about what to do will be appreciated...

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Emperor
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: Xperia Companion cannot connect to my phone

@vallyblack

The Xperia Neo it's no longer supported, your alternative will be to use xperifirm or flashtool. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

1 REPLY 1
Emperor
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: Xperia Companion cannot connect to my phone

@vallyblack

The Xperia Neo it's no longer supported, your alternative will be to use xperifirm or flashtool. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)