account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Xperia Companion backup succeeded, but no dbk file created

Visitor
Message 71 of 72
Message 71 of 72

Re: Xperia Companion backup succeeded, but no dbk file created

Hello,

I'm having the same problem, but the steps you provided aren't helping/ don't make sense. My Xperia Z3V was stuck in a boot loop and would sometimes boot normally or in safe mode but wouldnt most of the time. However, i backed the phone up a few times using the Windows 10 Xperia Companion program before i did "Software Repair". It saved it in documents like you said (also made a copy on a USB flash drive) however... When i connect tje phone, itll show up , ill click the import back up, it'll go there but will say it's empty bc theres no .dbk file. The phone is at the Setup Wizard stage as well, the computer and the software detects it. But AGAIN...i cannot restore it via Xperia Companion because of this .dbk nonsense. The backups are 2.5 gb, so it's definitely there. It reads as such: Sony->Xperia Companion-> then 3 folders and an xtml log/ manifest

Folders: (weird length name) 1. e33thh3ifnfjcii3bricidjeiifhdjei. 

2. Media

3.Xperia Z3V DD6605

Manifest xtml doc

So what's the solution?

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 72 of 72
Message 72 of 72

Re: Xperia Companion backup succeeded, but no dbk file created

Dear all, I'm new in the sony xperia comunity but I already faced this same issue with my windows 10 computer. The only way I got to make it work was applying what Armholt explained in is comment (btw, thks a lot for shairng): I had to close the soft using a right...

Thank again for shairng and I hope this can help the next one!