account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Xperia Companion -- Where is the Calendar Sync button??>

Visitor
Message 51 of 53
Message 51 of 53

Re: Xperia Companion -- Where is the Calendar Sync button??>

There is a way. I've posted the workaround. let's see if they remove it....

One time poster
Message 52 of 53
Message 52 of 53

Customers shouldn't need to use complicated workarounds or third-party apps to copy contacts and calendar entries from Outlook. It beggars belief that Sony have removed this functionality. It is absolutely essential.

I've been using a Z3 Compact for years. It does everything I need it to do. Nevertheless I would happily upgrade to the new XZ1 Compact if I could. It looks like a great phone. I actually want to give Sony £500 of my money, but in exchange they need to provide products which are fit for purpose, which Xperia Companion patently isn't.

Like millions of people I use Outlook to manage my contacts and calendar. Any phone which cannot import this information is useless to me.

Having read the marketing information for the XZ1 it's clear that Sony has focused its energies on the camera and audio functions. I can only conclude from this that Xperia phones are intended as toys for teenagers to download music and take selfies, rather than as seriously useful pieces of technology. 

One time poster
Message 53 of 53
Message 53 of 53

Xperia Companion still don't have basic sync with Outlook functionality after two years people are complaining.

Solution is simple - switch to not Sony phone with normal SW