account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia Companion -- Where is the Calendar Sync button??>

One time poster
Message 41 of 53
Message 41 of 53

Re: Xperia Companion -- Where is the Calendar Sync button??>

I think this is one of the problems when a company loos customers, that you don't support the most important features, that the customer use. The company lose the possibility to make a prioritasion, when you don't talk with the customers and don't have a dialog. You have management, that don't use the best solutions for the company and the company's customers.

One time poster
Message 42 of 53
Message 42 of 53

Re: Xperia Companion -- Where is the Calendar Sync button??>

Does Sony really think that Outlook connetivity is a nice to have that can be suspended for some months?

In my eyes, a smartphone is not primarily a gaming platform, and I would like some professional applications as outlook sync. to be taken seriously. Postponing the implementation of Outlook sync. does not give a very professional image.

One time poster
Message 43 of 53
Message 43 of 53

Re: Sync complete Outlook 2016 Calendar

This is a pretty rubbish answer Sony.  Putting together a software product that is incapable of doing what it's predecessor did.  Just not acceptable to say 'just use someone else's software'.  LOADS of people use Outlook to manage their diary, telling them to import it into Google is not a solution.  What you going to say next?  Use a Samsung?  I installed the 'upgrade' a few months back and quickly realised the diary function had gone, so I uninstalled it - unfortunately I'm about to rebuild my PC and that means I'm going to have to do a clean install.  I can't get PC Companion any more so that means I've lost that.  Every other bit of old software, no problems with it, this is the one thing that is bringing my PC upgrade to a grinding halt.

One time poster
Message 44 of 53
Message 44 of 53

I cannot believe that those programmers of the Xperia companion have missed to build in the synchronization with Outlook. Are they teenagers or what, even since the glory days of my 3310, still working, i was synchronizing all my phones, smartphones with outlook calendar. If there is no solution for this problem, my next smatphone will definitively not be a Sony! Sorry for you.

Fernand Jost

One time poster
Message 45 of 53
Message 45 of 53

This is not a programmers' fault, it's all about how Sony works with other vendors. If you think that switchign to say Samsung will solve the issue, I'm here to dissapoint you. Their Smart Switch still have this feature of working with Outlook, but it works when it wants, not when you need it. I can't say it's a common problem, but in my case I was forced to spend hours on deleting duplicated calendar events and contacts.

But you don't need to switch to another brand if you love Sony products. You can always use iCloud/Outlook.com cloud to sync your phone with Outlook. Those are probably the most reliable ways of syncing Android smartphine with Outlook over the Intener. If you don't like using cloud, then there are lots of 3-rd party software, such as Akruto:
http://www.akruto.com/best-ways-to-sync-android-with-microsoft-outlook/

You can also sync your Outlook calendar to Google and then sync your Google account with your smartphone. Not a 2-mouse-click option but still could be a workaround though.

One time poster
Message 46 of 53
Message 46 of 53

Synchronisation Calendar and Contact with Xperia XZ

Using the (old) software Sony PC Companion 2.1 with my Xperia x1 Compact, I could synchronize contacts and Calender data from my outlook.

The (new) software Xperia Companion, to be used with teh Xperia XZ, does not have this feature.

Hoew to synchronize my Contacts and Calendar?

Marc

One time poster
Message 47 of 53
Message 47 of 53

Re: Synchronisation Calendar and Contact with Xperia XZ

I had the same problem with synching with my information from Outlook 2003 when I switched from my Z5 to the XZ Premium last weekend.  I managed to find a solution by using the Microsoft Exchange ActiveSynch.  With this I could synch my Contacts and Calendar and office e-mail (which I don't use on my phone at present).  I don't like the Calendar that the ActiveSynch defaults to in the XZP (seems to be the Google one), so I found the original Sony Calendar app (which was not provided in the XZP) from the Play Store and it automatically updates from the Calendar that came with the phone.  I don't dare to uninstall the original Calendar from the phone and I use it to do the synching.  It autopopulates into the Sony Calendar.  The synching is done through WiFi access into my work account. 

I'm not sure if this will work if you don't have a computer network system running Microsoft Exchange but this works fine if you're using Microsoft Exchange at your business.  The basic instructions for Microsoft Exchange can be found at  http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/xperiaz3compact/userguide/synchronising-with-a-microsoft-exc...

I had to ask my IT support to assist in providing the server/account names, but it does work.

I hope Sony does bring back the Outlook synchronising capability in future versions of Xperia Companion, or let PC Companion recognise the new generation of Xperias.

I was almost going to give up and trade in my new phone for another brand before I found this solution.

Best of luck.

One time poster
Message 48 of 53
Message 48 of 53

Trying to sync xperia xz premium phone to outlook 2016

I use to have a Z5 compact and could sync my contacts, tasks & calender with outlook 2016 via USB no problems.

I can not get this done with my new Xperia XZ Premium / Companion. What am I missing ?

Visitor
Message 49 of 53
Message 49 of 53

Re: Sync complete Outlook 2016 Calendar - a work around :-)

It is do-able, but first dump the useless Xperia Companion (unless you want any of the limited functionality in it) and find or download the last version of PC Companion.

1. Now, take your pc off the 'net and install PC Companion again.
  2. Go to Settings|Proxy Settings and set this to the localhost value of 127.0.0.1 and port 80 (probably work without the port setting, but I did that anyway Slightly smiling Face )
  3. Now, you do need to get it to download the sync app so.... put your pc back on the 'net, change the proxy setting to "use system proxy settings" and quickly close the settings, click on the Calendar option to download the module.
  4. As soon as the module has downloaded, take the pc back off the 'net, go back to settings and set the proxy value back to the value set in step 2 by clicking the radio button for that option.
  5. Now it's safe to go back on the 'net and your PC Companion will happily sync your supported phone via USB to Outlook. Waving Hand

It's important to keep internet exposure to the minimum while setting this up to stop Companion "phoning home" and getting remotely disabled.

Now, I'll be interested to see whether this "hack" gets posted or rejected by the moderators.... Free speech and all that  Four Leaf Clover

Visitor
Message 50 of 53
Message 50 of 53

See my workaround post! It's do-able

@Roguex wrote:

Are you kidding us???
Do we need to use third part software for a feature we got in the precedent software???

And it's impossible to use PC Companion anymore!!!!

Restore the feature ASAP!!!!