account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Xperia Companion -- Where is the Calendar Sync button??>

Sony Xperia Support
Message 31 of 53
Message 31 of 53

Re: Sony PC companion - Elm: no more Outlook Synchronization?

@Teleski Other users in this topic have found MyPhoneExplorer to be an alternative for this so you may want to look into that: http://www.fjsoft.at/en/

Please note that this software is not provided by Sony Mobile though so I am unable to provide support for it, not can I vouch for its functionality.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 32 of 53
Message 32 of 53

Re: Sony PC companion - Elm: no more Outlook Synchronization?

We are a small business and have 8 phones coming up for recontract. Since the outlook contacts and calendar sync are the only part of this software we use, Sony phones are off the list. How many other small businesses in the same situation - i'd say you are looking at the loss of a lot of sales because of this oversight. 

Another case of big business telling us what we need instead of listening to what we need.

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 33 of 53
Message 33 of 53

No Sync with outlook after upgrading to Xperia Companion?

Unless I'm missing something completely since the change to Xperia companion, there is no longer integration with Outlook?!?!

I rely on this and don't want to use Outlook for android  (I don't want all my email being routed through some amazon aws server in canada).

I would hapily go back to PC compaion, but can't find a download link for it any more...

WIll we be geting back teh sync options any time soon?

It does seem to me that Sony have released a peice of software that is only 1/2 developed.

Emperor
Message 34 of 53
Message 34 of 53

Re: No Sync with outlook after upgrading to Xperia Companion?

PCC is no longer supported.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Visitor
Message 35 of 53
Message 35 of 53

Yeh, I guessed that might be the case.

It's a shame that there's a whole bunch of missing functionality that was in teh 'no longer supported' software. I guess I'll have to go an pay for some 3rd party software to achieve the same thing... great move...

A shame, it's a superb phone in pretty much every way that's being badly let down by it's supporting software.

Emperor
Message 36 of 53
Message 36 of 53

Don't forget to send your feedback to Sony >>> Local support

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Apprentice
Message 37 of 53
Message 37 of 53

Big brands don't seem to care much about Outlook users. This 'no longer support' badge keeps taking the best features just because Sony wants to spend less time on software development and testing. What a strange trend...

I was forced to switch to a 3rd party software right after my last upgrade and it was not that bad actually (except that it costs money). I switched to Akruto because it works with the native calendar and contacts apps of my phone. I really recommend you to try it in case you will decide to look for another solution. It has some outdated UI but does the job.

One time poster
Message 38 of 53
Message 38 of 53

How can synchronize my outlook calender with my sony xperia calender?

I have done the update of the sony companion. And i am quite annoyed. Where has the feature gone for synchronizing my calenders on my laptop and my mobile? Can anyone tell me, what to do?

Or is synchronzining with the googlemail calender the only option left? Because i still don´t want to put all my business dates on googlemail.

Thanks for help!

PEJ

One time poster
Message 39 of 53
Message 39 of 53

Re: sony pc companion

Hi,

I am really dissapointed! The main reason to purchase a new Xperia was the goog SW-support including Outlook sync. Now I see that there is nothing left. What are you in your product management? So pls. relaunch the full outlook-support!

Yours JP

@ForAnOlderVer wrote:

Is there any way to use the older versions of sony's software, as mine keeps telling me i have to update and forces me to close the app?

unbelievable this sony software to read all our private information has to be ran while online, then blocks us from usage if we fail to update.

what 3rd party software do people recomend to sync via usb cable, not the cloud.

One time poster
Message 40 of 53
Message 40 of 53

Re: Sync complete Outlook 2016 Calendar

This is ABSOLUTELY RUBBISH software.  You promote it as an update and then reduce the functionality significantly???

Why didn't you get this ready before you launched it.  Synchronising my calendar with outlook was one of the only things I used PC Companion for.