account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Xperia Companion -- Where is the Calendar Sync button??>

Apprentice
Message 21 of 53
Message 21 of 53

Re: sony pc companion

So i'm thinking, seems no one is willing to reply, i'll have to go back to a Samsung Galaxy to get a free scyncronisation tool from my phone supplier, due to Sony pulling the plug on being able to safely back up your contacts and events????

Learner
Message 22 of 53
Message 22 of 53

I've just bought a Z5 Compact and can't believe there is no option in the Sony software to sync Outlook with the phone's calendar. Seriously? (I Googled it before purchase but unfortunately found instructions for the old PC Companion, which I thought meant this phone would suit my needs.) Up until this point it was looking like a really good replacement for my aging HTC, however, Sony could learn a few tricks from the HTC Sync app.

Anyway, has anyone found an app that will work?

Learner
Message 23 of 53
Message 23 of 53

Okay, this seems to work for me (using Windows 10 and Outlook2010) https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fjsoft.myphoneexplorer.client

I've only just installed it, but it has imported my appointments into the Xperia calendar.

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 24 of 53
Message 24 of 53

Yeah Sony removing features as per nor, wouldn't surprise me if they don't repackage that part of the software and start selling the sync option as an extra, I'll be ditching the xperia and going back to a Samsung so i can have a free sync utility again.

Learner
Message 25 of 53
Message 25 of 53

Is there a way to just show the entered appointments in the Xperia calendar? My HTC had an "Agenda" option that would bring up all appointments in list format organised in date sequence.

Apprentice
Message 26 of 53
Message 26 of 53

murcod

thank you for the https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fjsoft.myphoneexplorer.client info, works a charm, actually a huge improvement on the older sony sync software.

Learner
Message 27 of 53
Message 27 of 53

It seems like a good app. I'm impressed it can sync over wifi at home - no need to plug the phone via USB.

Now I just need to work out how to view the appointments in a sequential list format, instead of having to check each marked day via the monthly calendar.

Visitor
Message 28 of 53
Message 28 of 53

Sony PC companion - Elm: no more Outlook Synchronization?

i´d download the sony pc companion.

on the companion aren´t any possible to syn. the ol calender.

my "old" sony companion are looking different. with columns media go, contacts calender and any further detail to syn.

How can i handle this.

T&BRGDS

Alexander

Sony Xperia Support
Message 29 of 53
Message 29 of 53

Re: Sony PC companion - Elm: no more Outlook Synchronization?

Hi @Teleski,

We are now using Xperia Companion instead of PC Companion. However, Xperia Companion does not support the Sony Ericsson Elm or sync with Microsoft Outlook. We do currently not have an alternative that allows you to do this with the Sony Ericsson Elm. Apologies for any inconvenience this causes.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Visitor
Message 30 of 53
Message 30 of 53

Re: Sony PC companion - Elm: no more Outlook Synchronization?

thanks for fast reply.

what kind of solution we have to do this in a smart way.

With an APP on ms ol??? on the mobile?

Thanks for any further information.

Alexander